Hey everyone,
In the next month or so I'm going to be getting a pair of KRK Rokit G3 RP6's along with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2. These will be my frost monitors and my first audio interface. I'm mainly buying it for mixing my recordings, to run my POD HD500 through and as my general speakers.

I'm very new to this so please forgive the noob question but if I set the 2i2 as the output in my macs settings will all sound from my computer come out of the monitors? Or is it just when I'm using a DAW? These monitors will also be used as my main speakers for general listening so I want to be able to use them all the time I'm on my computer.

Cheers
If you set the output to the interface in the System Preferences options for your Mac, everything will come through the monitors.

If you set the audio device in your DAW to the interface, but leave the Mac output as the built-in speakers, you will only have the sound from the DAW output coming through the monitors.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
If you set the output to the interface in the System Preferences options for your Mac, everything will come through the monitors.

If you set the audio device in your DAW to the interface, but leave the Mac output as the built-in speakers, you will only have the sound from the DAW output coming through the monitors.

Thank you very much
No problem, good luck with the highs and lows you're soon to face as you make progress learning the ropes
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I really recommend the Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 over the 2i2. It has a pad on the inputs that is necessary to run guitars/bass directly into the interface without clipping. And isn't much more expensive.

Also, the 2i4 includes midi and some more outputs. They might not be necessary now, but they might help in future proofing your gear

Just my $0.02
RIP Gooze

cats