Ok, So I have a few guitars, a couple really nice ones.... I love them all but one of them is sentimentally valuable to me.

It is my Squire Standard HSS (go ahead... laugh, moan, giggle, roll eyes, and make a snide remark). It really isn't a bad guitar... but it will never be that dream axe that anyone other then myself will take much interest in. But I don't care. I wouldnt get anything for it and im not looking into selling it.

I am interested in upgrading the PUPs as these are ok, but a little on the harsh side. But not at all interested in installing 175$ tex mex or 69 fenders or 200 seymores into a guitar that cost $220.

So I know OF GF and Bareknuckle PUPS. But really dont know anything about them. Does anyone have experince with any of them? Can you suggest good or better models for jazz, rock, a little heavy rock? Can you suggest any other ideas?
I've played some really nice Squires. The good ones are very good.

Do you have a good amp? Good pups are a waste of money if you don't.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I know what you mean, I have an older Tradition strat thing that I have frankensteined to death. I cut the pickguard, put a new pick guard, ran one humbucker from an epiphone les paul, some sort of duncan and a dime dimarzio I think. Never get rid of that thing. The cheaper Duncan's are not bad. I think I ran a JB.
For the last few years I have just been playing on a Vox VT15. I will most likely be upgrading to a small all tube amp in the near future.

Also, a good friend of mine has a nice little home studio we just goof around in. While there I am usually playing through his valveking
I've paid substantially more in hardware (pups, bridge, tuners, etc) than my tele cost me. There's nothing wrong with doing that if you like the way the guitar plays. And there's nothing stopping you from transplanting them into another guitar later on anyway.
Get what you like, forget about how much the guitar cost.
However, I think a better course of action is to add that money to your amp fund.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ethan_hanus
I only have experience with the higher output bareknuckle single coils in a my Squier, but I'd get a nailbomb in the bridge and The Sinners as the middle and neck, epicness will ensue.

These guys had a similar idea: http://www.hellguitars.com/zerodot.html

Smigzy, there's nothing wrong with upgrading a guitar 'till it makes you happy, but I do agree that you might be better off saving up for upgrading your amp before doing so. If nothing else, it will make absolutely clear what shortcomings your other gear has.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Smigzy
Ok, So I have a few guitars, a couple really nice ones.... I love them all but one of them is sentimentally valuable to me.

It is my Squire Standard HSS (go ahead... laugh, moan, giggle, roll eyes, and make a snide remark). It really isn't a bad guitar... but it will never be that dream axe that anyone other then myself will take much interest in. But I don't care. I wouldnt get anything for it and im not looking into selling it.

I am interested in upgrading the PUPs as these are ok, but a little on the harsh side. But not at all interested in installing 175$ tex mex or 69 fenders or 200 seymores into a guitar that cost $220.

So I know OF GF and Bareknuckle PUPS. But really dont know anything about them. Does anyone have experince with any of them? Can you suggest good or better models for jazz, rock, a little heavy rock? Can you suggest any other ideas?

I have an ESP LTD-256FM with the Lemon drop finish. Cheapest guitar in my collection but I love lemon drop single cutaways. Hardware was shit, but I replaced it all and it plays and sounds great. Replaced the pickups with a pair of Pearly Gates so I guess its my pseudo-modern 59 LP without that god awful price tag. The guitar was worth about $200 and I sunk another $400 into it.

I'd suggest something low output (something under 10k DC resistance) with an Alnico 2 magnet. Or Alnico 5 if you'd like a bit more bite in the top end. Single coils, however, I'm not so experienced with. I'm only worth my salt in humbucker recommendations I'm afraid.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45