Hey, man. Sorry it took me a while to get to this (forgot the e-mail I use for everyday use isn't the same one I use for UG) so I didn't see your message until yesterday.

As you already know, I don't have any experience singing (you heard that audio clip I posted, lol) so take this with a grain of salt.

Your cover of The Kooks' "Seaside": I had to listen to the original song first as I didn't know The Kooks, but, overall, an above average attempt at it. Good stuff.

1) Does the band's version use a capo at the first fret or did you transpose the song to a more comfortable range for you to sing in?

2) Pitch detection (cannot think of the proper terminology) sounded a little off at the end of each line, especially with the word "seaside" and during the "sleight of hand" part. If you didn't transpose the song, try doing that if the original version is too strenuous on your voice. Either way, I suggest going up and down the fretboard trying to see what notes you can and can't hit comfortably. That should also help you hit the correct pitch for each note, as well.

3) It was probably just the wind, but it sounded a little thin like you weren't pushing enough air out of your lungs. I suggest breathing in a little more so you can project your voice a little louder and have more "umph" behind it.

Vocaroo recording: Yea, it definitely sounded like it was outside your vocal range, especially around 1:00 and definitely at the very end. You were matching pitch at some times, but were off at a lot of others.

Recommended: I don't know if you know your major scale on guitar yet so I'm going to explain this as if you don't. I don't mean to be condescending at all!

D |------------------------------|
A |--------7-8-10-8-7--------|
E |-8-10--------------10-8---|

^ Those are the first 5 notes of the C major scale (C-D-E-F-G). Start with your middle finger on the 8th fret of the E string (the C note) and it's simple from there: middle finger (8 - C), pinky (10 - D), index (7 - E), middle (8 - F), pinky (10 - G), and back down. As you play the note, sing "la" or "do - re - me - fa - sol" and back down, "sol - fa - me - re - do". This will help you with your pitch detection and also what notes are easiest for you to sing. Go up and down the E string to your heart's content!

Note: PLEASE do not force anything. I cannot say that enough and people with more experience than I will say the same thing. I also cannot give you any technical advice as I'm a beginner, myself. That being said, get yourself a voice instructor if you really want to work on your singing and keep playing guitar, man. Good stuff!
Heisenberg might have been here

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route