I have been wanting one of these ever since Leda first got one, before he even released it as a signature. Then when the ESP version was released it's about $4k which is a lot more than I can afford to spend on a guitar. It eventually got to the point where I wanted to buy a Pheonix and chop it up to look like one. I'm going to wait a couple days before I say anything about how good it is, because like every guitar, it's the best guitar I've ever played. But I will say it seems quality wise to be higher quality than my Les Paul Standard that cost twice as much.

The specs are
BODY : Mahogany
NECK : Hard Maple
FINGERBOARD : Rosewood, 22frets
INLAY : Dot
SCALE : 648mm(Long)
NUT : Bone
JOINT : Bolt-on
TUNER : GOTOH SD91-05M
BRIDGE : GOTOH GE103B-T & GE101Z
PICKUPS : (Neck) Seymour Duncan SH-1n
(Bridge) Seymour Duncan SH-2b
CONTROL : Master Volume, Toggle PU Selector
COLOR : Cygnus White (Unsealed barely)
PRICE : 147,000yen (Include TAX)

And this is what it means by unsealed barely, you can still see and feel the grain through the paint.

I'll take some pictures of it outside in the sun when I get home early enough. But what sucked most was it got held up in customs for over a week.
Sweet!!! It is always great when a dream comes true! HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by JustRooster
That thing just oozes cool.

Wait. Are you SURE that's what it's oozing?

<*Double checks his stock of "oooooze" ointments*>
They usually are, but this ones a signature guitar so it's different. It pretty much the perfect guitar for me, the only thing I'm planning on changing is putting some locking Gotohs on it.
Congrats on the new guitar. I hear you on customs. I ordered an ESP from Germany and got bent over trying to get it into the country. As far as quality my ESPs are better than my Gibsons too. I've never seen an edwards up close. I assume from their prices they are like a high end LTD.
Congrats! Never heard of those before, looks nice.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
that's awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So you spend nearly 1500 USD on a guitar and it comes in a friggin gig bag? No hard case?
From what I've seen, most Japanese guitars do, I guess because they have less space over there. And philwhite, the quality is about on the same level as American ESPs.
Wow! Nice axe, HNGD
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
No, they're in between LTD and ESP. In Japan it's Grassroots, LTD, Edwards, ESP. Grassroots are pretty much like the lower end LTDs (basically the 50-100 series) then LTD, then Edwards which is like the American ESPs, and then Japanese ESPs are pretty much all custom shop $4-6k guitars.

EDIT: And there's Navigator which is all of the Les Pauls and Explorers and Telecasters, basically, all of the copies. They're about the same as the ESPs.
Last edited by BornToLooze at Mar 4, 2014,
Quote by J_W
So you spend nearly 1500 USD on a guitar and it comes in a friggin gig bag? No hard case?

Same thing happened with my Korean-made Variax JTV 89F.
Quote by BornToLooze
No, they're in between LTD and ESP. In Japan it's Grassroots, LTD, Edwards, ESP. Grassroots are pretty much like the lower end LTDs (basically the 50-100 series) then LTD, then Edwards which is like the American ESPs, and then Japanese ESPs are pretty much all custom shop $4-6k guitars.

EDIT: And there's Navigator which is all of the Les Pauls and Explorers and Telecasters, basically, all of the copies. They're about the same as the ESPs.

I'm not sure I agree with that (or at least some of it). Yeah grassroots is the lower end (haven't tried them), then ltd, then edwards is probably on par, maybe a little better, than the highest LTDs (LTD deluxe), then ESP (though there's some overlap I believe).

I thought the navigator stuff was the really high end (copy) stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that thing looks amazing!
congratulations man, HNGD

It reminds me of those Ibanez Iceman guitars
Nice to see a dream come true, congratulations. Hope this guitar serves you well and a long time. Shame that it didn't come with a hard case but then again, gig bags are more "handy". Though your guitar is valuable enough to INCLUDE a hard case, but it has gone this direction for a long time now. Sometimes cases are in a way though, like in very small cars or when you want to take your guitar wherever you go, you might want to have a sturdy gig bag instead of a case.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

That looks stunning mate!
Enjoy the new guitar. Always love me some ESP/Edwards/LTD goodness
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Dave_Mc
I'm not sure I agree with that (or at least some of it). Yeah grassroots is the lower end (haven't tried them), then ltd, then edwards is probably on par, maybe a little better, than the highest LTDs (LTD deluxe), then ESP (though there's some overlap I believe).

I thought the navigator stuff was the really high end (copy) stuff.

The way I've always heard, is Edwards is equal to the regular ESP and then the Japanese ESP is like the ESP custom shop level. Because the cheapest one I've seen is around $4k.
Looks cool. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by BornToLooze
The way I've always heard, is Edwards is equal to the regular ESP and then the Japanese ESP is like the ESP custom shop level. Because the cheapest one I've seen is around $4k.

I dunno. I always heard Edwards was sort of between LTD and ESP- far as I'm aware, at least some of the edwardses are started off in china and only finished in japan. though more recently i've heard that'spossibly the case with some esp models too, so

esp really needs to have a less confusing lineup. i know to a certain extent it's not their fault (since their copies aren't really allowed into the US), but still.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?