Page 1 of 2
I noticed that people from where i'm from can't pull off the word hello, most people just say "alright" instead. I also noticed that because we don't pronounce words with T and H's together, as in we say the word "tree" even if we mean "three" because it sounds weird with our accent.
i cant say there are any words i have trouble saying

however, i still havent broken my accidental usage of a canadian accent from all the trailer park boys ive been watching
I'm sure there's a joke about privileges to be made somewhere here.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
It's not words you have trouble saying, it's words that feel weird when you try to say them, when I try to say three and pronounce the H it just feels weird in my mouth.
I **** up TH in a different way

The: ve
There: vere
That: vat
Them: vem

But not with words like thermometer I pronounce vem correctly
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by lemmyisgod97
It's not words you have trouble saying, it's words that feel weird when you try to say them, when I try to say three and pronounce the H it just feels weird in my mouth.

Well either way, nothing really feels weird
I have a thick West Midlands accent.

How, now, cow, brown etc make me sound like a ******.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by cha33 armstrong

Are you a vampire ?
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Are you a vampire ?

Yes so you better be on team edward
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by soundgarden1986
i cant say there are any words i have trouble saying

however, i still havent broken my accidental usage of a canadian accent from all the trailer park boys ive been watching

i have this same problem of accidental canadian accent
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Are you a vampire ?

nah I know a good amount of southerners that talk that way. It's really off putting at first
i can pretty much pull off any noise you'll hear in english easily
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I noticed that people from where i'm from can't pull off the word hello, most people just say "alright" instead. I also noticed that because we don't pronounce words with T and H's together, as in we say the word "tree" even if we mean "three" because it sounds weird with our accent.

http://vocaroo.com/
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i have this same problem of accidental canadian accent

omg no way you too?

and you said the movies are kinda shitty compared to the show, yea? im probably gonna watch them once im done the show anyway (at season 4 now), but it seems like the kind of thing that doesnt really work as a movie
Ryu

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by soundgarden1986
omg no way you too?

and you said the movies are kinda shitty compared to the show, yea? im probably gonna watch them once im done the show anyway (at season 4 now), but it seems like the kind of thing that doesnt really work as a movie

yes

they are making a new movie
Quote by soundgarden1986
omg no way you too?

they're alright if you've really got nothing better to watch but yeah the show is so much better it hurts

i don't have any phrases in particular but sometimes when i don't really think about what i'm about to say it ends up coming out sounding like ray

"ricky wherethe where the ****s the ravioli"

I can say every word because I'm a great guy.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Oh just remembered I am not a superstar after all. I can't say L's or R's unless I really concentrate on enunciating them corrently so that sucks because I have to repeat things like "lab report" "locker room" "lost rabbit" 1000000 times before people understand
cat
Obviously I can say anything in English, and I have no accent because I'm from a Northern Indiana.

But in Japanese I usually **** up the intonation of words that would change the meaning. Like the word kaki (oyster) and the word kaki (persimmon). I'm sure people have no idea what I ate.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by cha33 armstrong

It's because there are two different kind of TH sounds. The ones you listed are all 'voiced', but the TH in thermometer is unvoiced. Put your hand on your throat when you say the there that them and you will feel vibration, but you shouldn't when you say thermometer thursday thirty
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
Obviously I can say anything in English, and I have no accent because I'm from a Northern Indiana.

But in Japanese I usually **** up the intonation of words that would change the meaning. Like the word kaki (oyster) and the word kaki (persimmon). I'm sure people have no idea what I ate.

And then the American tourists overhear you saying you ate a pair of khakis, and they start to wonder what they ate. Problems for everyone.
Quote by Baby Joel
(typing it as I'm saying it)
toy boat 3 times fast

#BLOODYWRECKEDYOUMATE

;_;

you knew what i meant.

You're a failure.
ayy lmao
so there aren't so many words that I can't say, however, I work as an English teacher in China, and I have a good number of coworkers from the UK and there are some phrases they use that would just sound bizarre with my Midwestern American accent, examples: "sod off/ this stupid sodding thing" (note: in American English sod is grass that's put down to make or fix a yard) "I can't be bothered" "Sh** the bed" "for f***s sake" anything involving the words "bollocks, wanker, or trousers" and there are some creative uses of the word piss that would just sound weird
Quote by Bad Kharmel
so there aren't so many words that I can't say, however, I work as an English teacher in China, and I have a good number of coworkers from the UK and there are some phrases they use that would just sound bizarre with my Midwestern American accent, examples: "sod off/ this stupid sodding thing" (note: in American English sod is grass that's put down to make or fix a yard) "I can't be bothered" "Sh** the bed" "for f***s sake" anything involving the words "bollocks, wanker, or trousers" and there are some creative uses of the word piss that would just sound weird

tell em they haven't got any ****ing minerals
Quote by vilk

I likewise feel your pain sir
floccinaucinihilipilification

i'm kidding i can say it but ****
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
My accent has been described as "transatlantic". On separate occasions, I've been mistaken for a Canadian, an Irishman, a Scotsman, a Swede and a resident of Pennsylvania.

I live in England and sometimes feel the need to over-enunciate certain words, because I don't think people will understand my natural speech. My accent will change depending on who I'm talking to. Sometimes I put on a bit of a fake accent to pronounce certain words, like names of places. It's not something I do conciously, it just sorta happens.
Last edited by sashki at Mar 4, 2014,
I don't have an accent, but I cannot ever pronounce Marlboro correctly the first time.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Page 1 of 2