Ok it's my second pedal ever bought ,first was a classic wah pedal (bought Sunday )

so with this overdrive pedal iv some basic questions as I still fall under a beginner guitarist ...

Lets say I want a 80s metal crunch metal tone ,metallica ,motley etc ...I dial in the amp settings on my jcm2000 then on my tube screamer just add enough distortion until I get desired tone ? Or should I back the distortion off on the amp ?
What about the other two knobs tone and level ?whete do they fit in for a metal tone ?

question 2....if using it for lead parts what's the best way to set it up ,?

Obviously iv been messing around with it myself and will continue too but some advice would go a long way too ,cheers ...ROCK ON !!
I would set the amp up with your basic tone, then turn the gain on the pedal to zero, level all the way up, tone in the middle to boost your amp. From there you can adjust the tone to taste and fine tune the boost. Give it a try.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by wld-kid
Ok it's my second pedal ever bought ,first was a classic wah pedal (bought Sunday )

so with this overdrive pedal iv some basic questions as I still fall under a beginner guitarist ...

Lets say I want a 80s metal crunch metal tone ,metallica ,motley etc ...I dial in the amp settings on my jcm2000 then on my tube screamer just add enough distortion until I get desired tone ? Or should I back the distortion off on the amp ?
What about the other two knobs tone and level ?whete do they fit in for a metal tone ?

question 2....if using it for lead parts what's the best way to set it up ,?

Obviously iv been messing around with it myself and will continue too but some advice would go a long way too ,cheers ...ROCK ON !!

Use your amps gain not the pedal. So your gain is gonna be pretty high on the amp and just boost your amp with the OD with the gain on zero on the pedal.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Pedal: Level (volume) max. Gain (distortion) off. Tone to taste after everything else is done.

Amp: To your taste but since you are boosting it you dont need as much gain as you would need without overdrive. So take the gain back few steps and then kick the overdrive in.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
But what amp are you using and did you seriously spend all the money on a new TS808HW??

Jcm 2000 ,yea I just did a load of googling and found this to be the most recommended ....I got it 100 euro cheaper when I ordered it from US than if I bought it in Europe ...

When I was playing with my cousins band he had me using a black star which had a OD 2 option on the foot switch which would give me a extra bit I volume an punch for the lea stuff ,is that what this pedal will give me too ? And if so how ?
Pedals dont come much simpler than an overdrive like the TS808 or SD-1 etc. Just plug it in, faff with the dials and play!
Quote by MaaZeus
Pedal: Level (volume) max. Gain (distortion) off. Tone to taste after everything else is done.

+1. tone probably around 2 o'clock IME.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd experiment with different amp and pedal settings. yes the clean boost suggested will work but sometimes isn't enough. often you can get a good rhythm tone from the amp alone and then dial in the overdrive for a great lead sound. there isn't a right or wrong way just what works for you.
Doing the gain at zero thing is cool, but experiment. Sometimes it's cool to start turning down the gain in your amp until it's just not quite enough. Then turn in the od and turn the gain up on it. It's a different and can be nice sometimes.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣