I own a Roland Micro Cube RX which my son also used for DJ (home) activities. Last week the amp went completely dead and my son used it the last time it worked...

He doesn't know if he did something wrong, but the amp doesn't function anymore. Not on (original) power supply nor on batteries.

Recently he got a new laptop and I checked today whether the power plug of the power suppy of the laptop fits the Roland and it does perfectly. Only is the Roland power supply a 9 volt output and the laptop's power supply 19 volts. And the polarisation is inverted.

I don't know anything about electronics, but could this have damaged my amplifier and if so, is that something that can easily be fixed?

Thanks for any help!
If that's what happened, the amp is cooked. Check to see if there's fuse protection anywhere, but I doubt there is on such a small amp.
^+1 on checking to see if there is a fuse
Quote by MarcoVdKnaap
I don't know anything about electronics, but could this have damaged my amplifier and if so, is that something that can easily be fixed?

it def sounds like the amp is considerably damaged. anything is fixable for a price, but i am afraid you'll find that the repair cost (maybe even just the bench fee) will come close to the price of a new amp.

unfortunately those small and cheap amps aren't usually worth repairing because the repair cost usually gets near the price of buying a new amp, they are kinda disposable in that respect.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I allready took it apart this afternoon to check for a fuse. Isn't anything like that inside. Two circuit boards inside and some wiring ofcourse. I was afraid it'll be finished for this one. Such a shame, it was in really good condition. I'll see if I can buy the electronics, because the speakers are still OK but I'm afraid it's farewell time...