I have a pair of bose triports that are ready to get retired for my over ear headphones. I have a pair of shure se215's that I use a lot but I want a pair of over ears to have as well. I travel several times a year so I like something that I can use on the plane, or at home or with amplitube or stuff like that. I'd like to be under the $200 ish range. Noise cancellation would be great as well and comfort is a big thing because I'd wear them long stretches at a time.

Suggestions?
ATH-M50 or MDR-7510.
The bose's with the active noise reduction are fun, but the sound quality isn't really good for the price.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Noise canceling is a gimmick to justify high prices for cheap cans. Buy yourself set a set of bulky Sennheisers. The HD280s are under $100 and they’re incredible headphones at that price.
Audio Technica ATH-M50.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by jpnyc
Noise canceling is a gimmick to justify high prices for cheap cans. Buy yourself set a set of bulky Sennheisers. The HD280s are under $100 and they’re incredible headphones at that price.

I have these and they are great. They reduce the noise enough that I can't even hear my two young kids playing loudly 5 feet away, and if you have kids you know that is a good test
Quote by jpnyc
Noise canceling is a gimmick to justify high prices for cheap cans.
I'm not with that.
In my experience, when the thing works it works gooood.
And I mean good, so good that popping the switch makes the thing go from a to z, from day to night, whatever.
It may not be useful in some situations, but in some other situations it's helpful and it's good to have a pair of headphones with an active noise reduction system that works.

Plus it's fun to try them at MediaWorld

Said that, I still have to hear a real good sounding pair of headphones with active noise reduction.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by jpnyc

I'l have to thoroughy disagree with noise cancellation being a gimmick. Especially if your on a plain or somewhere that you just need the little extra to cut out some extra noise even if your not playing any music through the headphones. Aside from that, I just wanted to see what else was out there and what people would suggest.