So my brother is sending me a ton of Disney movies on a hard drive. He says they are in .mkv or .mpeg format. I want to plug them into my TVs USB port. Will this work or do I need to download something that puts them into a different format? What if I want to play them on my computer? Will it work?
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
lol didney movies.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Prob won't work if you just plug the harddrive to the TV. Should work on your computer if you have VLC. Can also connect your computer to your TV and watch that way
Last edited by AxeToFall at Mar 4, 2014,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Plug into the computer, transfer to your computer, and play with windows media.

Do I get a cookie?

I don't think WMP plays .mkv. I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

TS: Download something like VLC or Media Player Classic. (mpc >>>>>> VLC, but since you're just doing disney movies it doesn't really matter)

Plug laptop/computer into tv. Play on tv. Done.

I honestly wasn't aware that tvs with file browsers existed.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 4, 2014,
Get a HDMI cable for like $15 from walmart and connect your computer to your TV and do it that way.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
If you have a smartTV, you can get plex media server software for the computer and stream to the smartTV plex app via WiFi, otherwise a physical connection to the computer is required, I believe. Also remember if you hook it up with an HDMI cable, it's very likely that you'll have to connect the computer to speakers of some kind, headphones, computer speakers, home theater system, etc.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by stratman_13

I honestly wasn't aware that tvs with file browsers existed.

smarttv's

TS probably just has a tv that displays images on flashdrives as slideshows, wont actually play any video.

get an hdmi.
That's crazy shit. I guess it makes sense though, considering a lot of them are now coming wifi and with apps and stuff you can use
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Just try it. Plugging in a flash drive to the USB port on my blu-ray player will let you play movies in certain formats from it, so it might on your TV as well. I don't know how you expected an answer without even telling us what type of TV you have.
it really depends on your TV. one of mine will play pretty much anything on a usb drive, the other will only play a very specific format. just try it.

if it doesn't work the EASIEST way to do it is to get an HDMI cable, connect your tv to your computer, and watch it that way.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Mar 5, 2014,
My 3 year old Samsung plays .mkv fine from USB HDD, doesn't hurt to try.
Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Baby Joel

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Zombee
Get a HDMI cable for like $5 from amazon and connect your computer to your TV and do it that way.

ftfy
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.