These guys have been getting a lot of talk in the trad community the last few years, and with good reason. Zuul play nothing but bare to the bones old school heavy metal tinged with the classic USPM sound.

These guys rock.

This is heavy metal, ladies and gentlemen. Zuul have a solid grasp of what metal really is about. There's no way to listen to them and be down. Feel good metal at its finest. Fans of Chris Black's High Spirits will love these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6vONzq4H3A
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Mar 5, 2014,
Hell yea, local band representin'. I was actually just thinking about getting in touch with them to purchase some stuff from them.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

This was thoroughly bad ass and necessitates further listening.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Out of Time was one of my favorite albums of 2010.

I listened to To the Frontlines once and never revisited it. I'd do it now if I wasn't listening to Transcendence.

But yeah, good band.
You'll like Through the Frontline, Veej. It's more mature than their debut and it's is very, very enjoyable back to basics PM/HM.

While I have you here...have you ever listened to Skullview's debut album, Legends of Valor? I feel it's an album you would enjoy. It gives off a very Cauldron Born vibe (yes I made that comparison). Dark, heavy power metal and from the 90s no less.

^Finish Transcendence. It's a necessity. After that, I'd definitely give their 2012 release another whirl. They're getting a hold of their sound and are clearly moving forward. Great band to watch in the future!
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Mar 5, 2014,
I'll see if I can get some ear time on Legends of Valor, I have not come across it I think. But Cauldron Born comparisons pique my interest.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
These guys got quite a few mentions back when Out Of Time got released. Really fun band. I'll have to check To The Frontlines out.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

So I did get around to revisiting To the Frontlines last night, and it's definitely going to get repeat listens in the future. Tons of great riffing that I definitely missed the first time around.

Brett Batteau needs some vocal coaching though. He's pretty consistently flat and doesn't have the kind of power (no pun intended) behind his voice that this style of music really benefits from. It worked on Out of Time, but To the Frontlines really demands a stronger singer. If he improved he could be a real solid Brian Ross-type vocalist, which would fit perfectly.
I liked Out Of Time a lot when it came out, then I kind of forgot about Zuul. I'm really liking Frontlines more than Out Of Time, it's almost like a drunken night between Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden.

I agree with Scourge, vocals are somewhat lacking, but way better than they could be, He needs to extend his range of notes that he uses, but he does have a very good voice nonetheless.