Hi, I'm a student in college and I'm taking an Intro to Marketing class. In my class I had to pick a product to do a pretend marketing plan for and I decided to do it on the Fender Jaguar. For my project I have to get research and find out why customers buy the product I picked or why they don't buy the product I picked. So I was wondering if some of you would be willing to answer some questions to help me with my project. Feel free to skip any questions that don't apply, Thanks.

1. Do you own a Fender Jaguar?
2. If not what guitar do you own and why did you get that one instead? (price, style, etc)
(if you own more than one guitar just list your main or favorite guitar(s))
3. How did you obtain your guitar? (bought, gift, etc)
2. If you do own a Fender Jaguar why did you get it over another type of guitar?
3. What series of Jaguar do you have and why did you get that series?
4. What is the color of your guitar and why did you choose that color?
5. How much was price a factor when you decided to get your guitar and why?
6. What kind of music do you play?
7. What kind of musician are you? (examples below)
---Bedroom Musician - mostly practices at home doesn't play in a band
---Casual Musician - plays for fun sometimes jams with friends
---Weekend Warrior - in a band that plays bars, and sometimes other odd gigs (fairs, festivals, etc.)
---Studio Musician - Offers studio services for other bands, or in a band that makes records and doesn't really play out
---Touring Musician - Tours the country playing different sized gigs, and makes and sells records.
---Other - explain
8. What age range are you in?
---under 18, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, or 60 and up
9. What state do you live in?
(For anyone outside the US, what country are you from?)

Thanks again to anyone who responds.
Quote by Nirvana97x
Hi, I'm a student in college and I'm taking an Intro to Marketing class. In my class I had to pick a product to do a pretend marketing plan for and I decided to do it on the Fender Jaguar. For my project I have to get research and find out why customers buy the product I picked or why they don't buy the product I picked. So I was wondering if some of you would be willing to answer some questions to help me with my project. Feel free to skip any questions that don't apply, Thanks.

2. If not what guitar do you own and why did you get that one instead? (price, style, etc)
2. If you do own a Fender Jaguar why did you get it over another type of guitar?
---Weekend Warrior - in a band that plays bars, and sometimes other odd gigs (fairs, festivals, etc.)
---Studio Musician - Offers studio services for other bands, or in a band that makes records and doesn't really play out
---Touring Musician - Tours the country playing different sized gigs, and makes and sells records.
---Other - explain

Thanks again to anyone who responds.

dude no offense but your premise is poorly conceived for marketing purposes. you picked a random guitar and then have no clear reason behind your ?s. sure some guys play the jaguar and tons more don't. there is no clear strategy behind the ?s that can give you marketable results. I suggest you work on this.

for the record I prefer a fender Stratocaster over the Jaguar. more pickup options and I prefer the trem system. this of course applies to the original style of jaguar as some of the other models are in name only.
I didn't buy a Jaguar because I bought something else.

The end.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Nirvana97x
No.

I own several.

I bought them.

N/A

Because it looked good. What kind of answer are you really expecting by asking that?

Price is always a major factor. The reason why is obvious.

Metal, Hard Rock

---Other - explain
Casual.

18-29

UK.

This questionnaire is bad and you should feel bad.

If you're going to get informative results from a marketing questionnaire, you need to ask people what they generally need from a guitar. You can't ask them why they didn't buy X guitar and expect helpful answers.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 5, 2014,