Hey guys, so recently my main recording computer died, and ive been relegated to using my laptop as a make shift desktop until i can afford a new desktop. My laptop can run all the programs no problem, but i cant get the sound to come out of my speakers (Im using the same speakers i used with my desktop, they worked fine). My setup is like this, Guitar into Behringer UCA 222 into speaker input jack (Through a 1/8 adapter). I know the audio interface drivers are installed fine because i can get the sound to come out of my amp (When i run guitar rig 4 the audio is perfect, through reaper its good til i start multitracking). So, i guess i have a two part question, A. How do i get the sound to come trough my speakers (I have all the drivers installed, and to my knowledge ASIO4ALL doesnt work with windows 8 (And i have tried it, even the newest beta version, it doesnt work)) and B. How do i set the speakers as the output in guitar rig 4? Any help would be immensely appreciated!
Are you trying to get speakers sounding through the out of a laptop built in audio card or do you have dedicated audio card with speakers attached to it?

Can you get sound to come in Reaper out of the built in speakers on the laptop?
Quote by diabolical
Are you trying to get speakers sounding through the out of a laptop built in audio card or do you have dedicated audio card with speakers attached to it?

Can you get sound to come in Reaper out of the built in speakers on the laptop?

Thats a very good question. I have no clue tbh. All i did, was plug the speakers into the speaker outputs. Sound will come through the speakers if i play a youtube video or something like that.
And i just tested it, no i cant get the sound to come through the built in laptop speakers.
I am getting completely lost in your explanation. I guess post the model of your speakers if you can, or a picture...

My guess is that you're pointing at the wrong audio output in your DAW but I am not sure what you're hooking up to what since audio monitors usually (if we discount the few USB models) don't interface directly to an output of a laptop.
Have you checked the sound options in windows set up? Control Panel, Sound, tick the right options.. or the routing matrix in Reaper.. or preferences in Reaper?
Last edited by PSimonR at Mar 5, 2014,
Quote by diabolical
I am getting completely lost in your explanation. I guess post the model of your speakers if you can, or a picture...

My guess is that you're pointing at the wrong audio output in your DAW but I am not sure what you're hooking up to what since audio monitors usually (if we discount the few USB models) don't interface directly to an output of a laptop.

My speakers are logitech s220 http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-S220-Speaker-System-Subwoofer/dp/B000RQSGYO

Im going from my AI into the 1/8 inch input into the speakers. My speakers are connected to my laptop.
Quote by PSimonR
Have you checked the sound options in windows set up? Control Panel, Sound, tick the right options.. or the routing matrix in Reaper.. or preferences in Reaper?

Yes I have. And the way i got it to work in my last system, required me using asio4all. When i play something now it just makes a screeching sound. Its like it cant handle the input or output of the signal.
By the looks of it you're using the built in audio card. Asio4all should work with Win8 if it did with Win7 so try installing that. It is possible that there are other drivers for your interface as well, they should be listed in the setup options in Reaper. Also try increasing the latency there.
Quote by diabolical
By the looks of it you're using the built in audio card. Asio4all should work with Win8 if it did with Win7 so try installing that. It is possible that there are other drivers for your interface as well, they should be listed in the setup options in Reaper. Also try increasing the latency there.

I have all the drivers, i have asio4all (Doesnt work with windows 8, at least not on my laptop). I can hook up my Audio interface to an amp and get sound out of both programs, but it just wont feed back into my speakers. I can however, go into the control panel and get a clean signal to come out of my speakers direct from the AI, so its not that they arent compatible (They are the same ones i used on my old computer, they worked for years through both of these programs), but for whatever reason it just wont work on my laptop/windows 8.
Simple search revealed this:
http://mtippach.proboards.com/thread/2874?page=1

There's a guy in the middle that explains how to get it going.

From what I could find out there's a beta release ASIO4ALL for Win8:
http://community.numark.com/numark/topics/does_the_asio4all_driver_work_with_windows_8