So, this is a very very late NGD, but I'll still accept congratulations

This is your standard Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Olympic White with the gold anodized pickguard and aged white plastics, that I found horrendous.
I tried to get used to the look, but the more I tried, the less I liked the look of the guitar. So, the result is that I finally modified it to my taste. I've mostly just been playing this guitar for the time I've had it, it is an absolute player and outplays the MIMs I tried at other stores. The neck is a very nice fit to my hand and it isn't too bland-looking either. Love the sounds out of this guitar.

Being a former "LP-only" player, I'm surprised I haven't really owned a strat before. Consider me converted to the no man's land now then, I like them both. I actually like this one's neck more than my LP's, it's mainly due to the shape how it goes to the fretboard on both sides and yes, this gets more playtime due to CV being the easier to pick up and go to the living room noodling guitar. I play my LP more in the weekends and it's still my axe for band rehearsals. My LP is in D standard, my strat is in E. I play Deep Purple and Rainbow on this guitar mostly, but something else too.

Did I say it, yes I did, I love this guitar.... and now I love it even more that it has the looks that I really like. So, for the sound I'd give 4/5, it could be better, but not too much for this price I think. For the feel I give 5/5, absolute player. For the looks I give now 5/5, before it was 3/5. New looks, same sounds, absolutely great.

Pictures

Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by monwobobbo
nice looking guitar. personalizing is always good. enjoy

Thanks and I do agree. I will enjoy this guitar a lot.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

That fretboard looks super glossy. Is that a poly or something? Can't handle glasses boards... They get sticky.

Looks nice though. Olympic white + maple neck is secksy
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
That fretboard looks super glossy. Is that a poly or something? Can't handle glasses boards... They get sticky.

Looks nice though. Olympic white + maple neck is secksy

This doesn't get too sticky though, it is poly all-over, as far as I believe. When it feels it's starting to feel a bit, I use GHS Fast-Fret, that helps.It stays nice and smooth on both sides, no need to really think about sanding the neck. I personally love the gloss board.

Thanks, I agree.

Cheers,
Sakke
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Nice

Thanks!
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Looks good! HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Welcome to the world of Stratocasters.

I'll also pay you $5 more than Ippon for said parts.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
$6.66 just to be metlulz.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
One, HNGD, I used to be a Les Paul/SG guy, but once I picked up my first Strat (that wasn't a Squier Bullet), I never looked back. I love the string spacing and the way it's body hugs yours, totally unlike a LP. Hope it treats you as well as my strats have treated me.

Quote by Ippon
Stop ****ing my deal. I need the Gold PG for an actual project.

I wanna get in on that deal, actual Gold Anodized PGs are expensive!~
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Very sexy Strat. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by FatalGear41
Looks good! HNGD! Enjoy it!

Thanks mate.

Quote by Ippon
Looks sweet. Congrats!

I'll pay shipping for the horrendous Gold anodized pickguard and aged White plastics.

I'm surprised someone is actually interested in those....

Quote by JustRooster
Welcome to the world of Stratocasters.

I'll also pay you $5 more than Ippon for said parts.

Thanks, it's a great world... or would be if said company did something about some of their piss poor products in a higher price range.

Quote by gregs1020
$6.66 just to be metlulz.

Seems it's a contest.

Quote by Ippon
Stop ****ing my deal. I need the Gold PG for an actual project.

I'm actually considering sending them, but I would appreciate some money extra as I need to upgrade the tuners to locking ones.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by kangaxxter
One, HNGD, I used to be a Les Paul/SG guy, but once I picked up my first Strat (that wasn't a Squier Bullet), I never looked back. I love the string spacing and the way it's body hugs yours, totally unlike a LP. Hope it treats you as well as my strats have treated me.

I wanna get in on that deal, actual Gold Anodized PGs are expensive!~

Thanks kangaxxter.

This is getting tough, guys.

Quote by Linkerman
Very sexy Strat. HNGD!

Thanks Linkerman, your modded strat looks very good as well.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by Sakke
Thanks Linkerman, your modded strat looks very good as well.

Thank you too!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112