Hey everyone! Don't normally post here, but I can't keep this to myself. Last Saturday, I went to the UK Guitar Show and tried one of these for the first time - so good that I had to buy one the next day, it was leaps and bounds better than my Ibanez RG7620.

SPECS:
- Mahogany body w/ flame top
- 25.4" - neck thru, 11 piece maple/mahogany/wenge/amazakoe
- Ebony fretboard w/ 24 frets
- Hipshot bridge
- Sperzel locking tuners
- Bareknuckle Aftermaths
- 1 x volume, 1 x tone w/ coil split

Build quality is absolutely incredible, beats everything else I've played by miles, I'm definitely no longer an Ibanez fanboy! Low action with no buzz, extremely resonant with massive sustain - couldn't ask for more.

I was worried at first about the choice of pickups that they chose to put in - Bareknuckle Aftermaths. Since all these 'djent' kids use them, I was a bit paranoid they might be a bit thin sounding and I'd have to swap them out - no problems with them at all. The clarity and note separation is the biggest selling point, even with the gain on my amp turned up to maximum and playing chords with all the string, you could still hear every note.

I think my favourite thing about it though is the neck, it's unlike anything I've tried before. The profile is almost like a cross between a C and a U with the edges more like a D? It's really quite hard to describe. The satin finish on it is deadly smooth and the only way I can describe it is... well, imagine your typical trip to the toilet and you're using Tesco Value single ply toilet roll. The back of this feels like the quad ply extra velvet stuff - stunning!
Whoa, HND! That is a killer finish.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? I've been an Ibanez fanboy myself for a good while, and am looking for something different (but not TOO different).
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Thanks man! It was... not cheap, came in at £2500 but it's so good that I'll be selling off 3 of my other guitars to make some of it back, already sold one earlier! The Setius series are considerably cheaper though, they're essentially the same but with bolt on necks and the build quality isn't quite as high.
Great addition to your guitar arsenal! HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Cheers everyone. Think this'll be a keeper for life!

Quote by Ippon
Congrats, the finish and neckthrough look amazing!

BTW, the Ibanez RG7620 is a no frills, ancient model that help launched 7 strings.

Can't argue with that mate, I had an RG7420 too that I sold on the weekend. I've put a lot of love into it, had two sets of Bareknuckles in it, got a tremolno in there, had a fret dress done when I first got it etc. I'm afraid it's a bit out of its depth now though.
HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Beautiful beautiful guitar!!

what you selling now? aha
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I bought a PRS from the show... but the RR5 does interest me. Might have a word with the parents since its my birthday soon aha

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
woah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, when i was testing my prs out the booth's power kept going. I thought it was my fault cuz i plugged my guitar in, turned the amp on and hit a chord and the power went...

Shit myself, turned the amp off and sat there thinking ive broke everything...

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
That's a badass axe.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X