Alright, So as you can see by my name, I'm not the best guitarist.. but I'm taking a class at my college, and got assigned a paper yesterday... thats due tomorrow for Midterms. I feel really bad for this because normally in my classes I excel.. but this is just not going very well. The paper topics is "How to Practice Effectively" and "How to Listen to Music Actively" which sounds completely stupid in my opinion... but I was wondering if you guys had any tips? That I could expand on.

Thanks,
I'mBadAtGuitar
I don't like when people post a thread because "I need help on my homework guise". Also, I imagine this will garner quite a few hilarious responses that I look forward to reading.
banned
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
My tip is to review your notes and be less of an idiot.

So I see what kind of site this is.... great.
How To Practice Guitar

Step 1: Acquire guitar
Step 2: Acquire amp
Step 3: Plug guitar into amp
Step 4: Unplug guitar
Step 5: Buy a new amp
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by I'mBadAtGuitar
So I see what kind of site this is.... great.

If you can't write a paper on a simple topic for a music course you don't belong in college bud.
If you can't write a paper on a simple topic for a music course you don't belong in college bud.

K bud. I'm in High School. It's a dual credit.
Quote by I'mBadAtGuitar

Oh boy so it's a 250 word essay?

Sound rough
Quote by I'mBadAtGuitar

My new tip is to ask your academic advisor what job prospects you will have with a high school diploma.
Quote by darkcheef
Oh boy so it's a 250 word essay?

Sound rough

I know right? Its like, the biggest paper of my life. Ohhhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyy.

Break it down, break it down, break it down.

What is "practice" what is "effectively"? Or "listen" or "activity"?

Define your terms. Then go from there.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My new tip is to ask your academic advisor what job prospects you will have with a high school diploma.

So because I'm taking ONE music class my whole life, and I'm struggling with it, I won't graduate college? Hmm makes sense. Bet you graduated with a Music Degree then.
Quote by snipelfritz
Break it down, break it down, break it down.

What is "practice" what is "effectively"? Or "listen" or "activity"?

Define your terms. Then go from there.

Wow, a half-way realistic answer. Thank you.
I think just answering the questions would be enough.

How do you practice? How can you make the most out of the time you spend practicing?
Quote by I'mBadAtGuitar
So because I'm taking ONE music class my whole life, and I'm struggling with it, I won't graduate college? Hmm makes sense. Bet you graduated with a Music Degree then.

You won't graduate college because you're an idiot and instead of reading your coursework or taking the time to talk to your instructor about material you don't understand you waited until the day before your assignment is due and decided the best course of action is to ask strangers on a guitar forum to help you with straightforward problems.

Have a nice life, maybe in a year you can explain to me the correct order of starbucks cup sizes.
Wait...

Are you taking a music theory course or a course on how to play guitar?

Seems a bit odd that they'd make you write a paper.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
Wait...

Are you taking a music theory course or a course on how to play guitar?

Seems a bit odd that they'd make you write a paper.

Its a course on how to play guitar.. The teacher.. is ridiculous.
Plenty of articles here on those things that you can plagiarize take pointers from.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin

Have a nice life, maybe in a year you can explain to me the correct order of starbucks cup sizes.

hey man, that shits complicated
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
what you need, ts, is a new amp.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Don't overestimate. Ive always wondered though, is "butts" a good thing to be?
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by I'mBadAtGuitar

Struggling in high school? Yeah, you probably won't graduate college.
Quote by Dirge Humani
My tip is to not put off writing an entire college paper until the night before.

I dunno, it always worked for me.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I dunno, it always worked for me.

Maybe at some shit like the U of M.

Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.