So, I finally upgraded from my *coughshitecough* Fender Mustang to a Fender Pro Junior 3. It's not a ton better, but it works with effects, it can get loud and still sound good, and when I perform, I won't have to worry about bending over just to turn a knob when I need distortion. Anyway, I have the distortion up and working after I figured out my input and output mixup, but once I click the pedal off, the amp stops working. The only way to get it clean would be remove the distortion from the setup entirely. The pedal is Danelectro FAB Distortion. Is this a problem with either my amp or my pedal, or am I just an idiot and this is supposed to happen? Would a clean boost fix it?
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
it's like I make threads knowing they're gonna be shit but I make them anyway

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.
So it works with no pedals plugged in, but when it is plugged in it only works when the pedal is on, right? Also what's actually happening, is there no sound at all or is it just much quieter? Your OP is very vague in what the actual issue is.

If no sound is coming through whilst it's disengaged, it'll be the pedal. If you bought it new recently you might be able to claim it under warranty. If not, it's relatively easy and cheap to replace.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
So it works with no pedals plugged in, but when it is plugged in it only works when the pedal is on, right? Also what's actually happening, is there no sound at all or is it just much quieter? Your OP is very vague in what the actual issue is.

If no sound is coming through whilst it's disengaged, it'll be the pedal. If you bought it new recently you might be able to claim it under warranty. If not, it's relatively easy and cheap to replace.

Thank you for the quick response, and yes, you have it correct in your assumptions. When my distortion pedal is plugged in and turned on, my amp has normal, distorted sound. When my distortion is turned off, it's just static. No clean or distortion at all.

edit: I see what you mean, but could it possibly be fixed with a clean boost? I wouldn't want to get rid of my pedal so immediately, but I will if I must.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.
Last edited by NarwhalG2G at Mar 6, 2014,
Quote by NarwhalG2G
Thank you for the quick response, and yes, you have it correct in your assumptions. When my distortion pedal is plugged in and turned on, my amp has normal, distorted sound. When my distortion is turned off, it's just static. No clean or distortion at all.

edit: I see what you mean, but could it possibly be fixed with a clean boost? I wouldn't want to get rid of my pedal so immediately, but I will if I must.

No, if it's an issue with the signal not passing whilst disengaged, then that won't fix it. Return it or replace it if still under warranty.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It's the pedal. Since it's such a cheapo try hitting it, or pushing the switch very slowly to see if it engages at any point.
But you should just get a new pedal.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Noted. Thanks, guys. I'll go decide on my next distortion pedal from listening and personal experience. It didn't even really come with a warranty, actually. I won't replace it but I'll make sure to try pedals out first always.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT

Quote by kertets
Last edited by NarwhalG2G at Mar 6, 2014,