Guys i need a little help about making decision to purchase multi-effect processor. Which one i should buy? G3x or G5?
Well, the G5 is bigger and allows more effects to be used at once. So that one.

But really, what's the purpose of using it? What's your current gear? Why just Zoom? We need a little more information to determine what would suit you better.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Well, the G5 is bigger and allows more effects to be used at once. So that one.

But really, what's the purpose of using it? What's your current gear? Why just Zoom? We need a little more information to determine what would suit you better.

I like to do metallica, iron maiden, Megadeth And also like alternative rock.

Zoom are easy to use. In g3/g5 have looper function which also a plus point. I use Zoom gfx-5. Any suggestion about other product in same price range?
Last edited by riff3r at Mar 6, 2014,
Please answer my other questions.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Please answer my other questions.

I like to do metallica, iron maiden, Megadeath And also like alternative rock.

G3/g5 have loop function which is helpful for me. Also reasonable in my country.
If you're not going to answer all of my questions, I'm not going to help you.

If you tell me your current gear, as well as a budget and your location, it'll help myself and others out greatly in giving you a better recommendation.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
If you're not going to answer all of my questions, I'm not going to help you.

If you tell me your current gear, as well as a budget and your location, it'll help myself and others out greatly in giving you a better recommendation.

I told you before that i use Zoom gfx-5 right now, My budget $300 dollar. I am from Bangladesh. Hope u can help me now.
Thank you. So you currently don't use an amp? Just the effects processor?

You might want to consider getting a Line 6 Pod HD. They have much better amp and cabinet simulation if you're using headphones with it.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Thank you. So you currently don't use an amp? Just the effects processor?

You might want to consider getting a Line 6 Pod HD. They have much better amp and cabinet simulation if you're using headphones with it.

I'm gonna practice in home using headphone.Every week i goes to practice with my band in practice pad.
What are you running it through during practice? A PA or a borrowed guitar amp? Either way I maintain that the Pod HD will sound better, but that's just my flavour. Other people might prefer the Zoom.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
The G3x would be fine for you. The g5 just gives you more g3. They both sound excellent through headphones and all of the features are quick and easy to use. Makes practicing through headphones much more amusing.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Eppicurt
What are you running it through during practice? A PA or a borrowed guitar amp? Either way I maintain that the Pod HD will sound better, but that's just my flavour. Other people might prefer the Zoom.

I prefer the Zoom

Also, I don't believe the POD has the looper functionality that the Zoom's have which was one of the requirements?

TS, if you can afford the G5, get that one. If that's pushing your budget, get the G3x.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I prefer the Zoom

Also, I don't believe the POD has the looper functionality that the Zoom's have which was one of the requirements?

TS, if you can afford the G5, get that one. If that's pushing your budget, get the G3x.

I thought they did on the bigger ones, unless I'm mistaken.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
I thought they did on the bigger ones, unless I'm mistaken.

I could be mistaken too
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The HD500 has a looper, but not a drum machine. I expect the HD500 is not within the OP's budget. Since you presented the G5 as an option I'm assuming it's in budget. Get the G5.
Seriously get 5 the 5 over the 3X. It reall yis worth it with a larger layout and more pedal options.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.