What the shit?

http://amtelectronics.com/products/warmstone-tubes-solidstate-analogs/12ax7ws-warmstone-12ax7-tubes-solid-state-equivalents/

I've gotta know how these sound. Anybody have experience? This is amazing.

In a few months they're supposed to be releasing a 6L6 power tube as well.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
This is not the first time this has been tried. The claims have always fallen well short of reality. I daresay this is just more of the same bs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Haha, they say blind tests show no sound difference between those and 12ax7 tubes........
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
Haha, they say blind tests show no sound difference between those and 12ax7 tubes........

I think they meant deaf tests.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Mosfets do, AFAIK, distort similarly to tubes so I wouldnt be surprised if a random person in blind test could not tell the difference. Hell, some people find it hard to tell the difference between real tubes.

I do not like complete reliance of blind A/B tests though. Even if you could tell there is a difference without visual feedback you start to second guess yourself and subtleties are all lost because you become nervous and you cant say which one is which. Or maybe thats just me.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Mar 6, 2014,
Sound difference under what conditions? In a hifi maybe? Was it in an old blues amp played on the edge of breakup? Somehow I doubt that.

Buy one and try it out, man. Unless they are stoopid expensive. You can always take 'em out. They're not going to break anything. They may be a good thing as a spare in the gig tool box. They're probably less fragile.
Any idea on price? I wouldn't expect great things from them but if they're cheap enough
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 6, 2014,
From what I remember they are like $30 USD each when I saw them in a store. But it was the jet City version not AMT.

I can get 3 new JJ ecc83 for that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard
Sound difference under what conditions? In a hifi maybe? Was it in an old blues amp played on the edge of breakup? Somehow I doubt that.

Buy one and try it out, man. Unless they are stoopid expensive. You can always take 'em out. They're not going to break anything. They may be a good thing as a spare in the gig tool box. They're probably less fragile.
Any idea on price? I wouldn't expect great things from them but if they're cheap enough

$40 each. I've seen people pay less for NOS tubes.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
i was gonna try out the jet city ones, but damn that price(3 for $99). Im better off buying 6-7 real tubes and not have to worry about running out of tubes for 1 amp for a decade or 2. these solid state ones supposedly sound the same as real tubes but last "forever". the difference is probably with Jet Citys retrovalves which come in 3 different gain versions.

if you buy one or 2, itd be awesome if you show some clips comparisons.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Preamp tubes aren't anywhere near expensive enough to warrant this, and preamp tubes are the ones that are fun to change anyway.

Cook up some cheap power tube alternative and we'll talk.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yes, that's what I want, to spend more money to make my tube amp into a transistor driven amp

As Cath said it wouldn't be bad to keep them around for spares, but at the price I'll just buy more spares preamp tubes. If they came up with something that digitally modeled the characteristics of a single preamp tube, I could be interested, but if I wanted a transistor based preamp I could find that elsewhere.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I think they would be nice as back ups for gigs. Since they theoretically last forever, you could always have them on hand in case something breaks.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If I had one, I would try putting it into the PI or something just to see how it acts. If you have $30 burning a whole in your pocket, buy one? Kinda gimmicky though.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Offworld92
Preamp tubes aren't anywhere near expensive enough to warrant this, and preamp tubes are the ones that are fun to change anyway.

Cook up some cheap power tube alternative and we'll talk.

I think AMT did/do a 6l6replacement.

Yep here it is www.amtelectronics.com/6l6-12ax7-amt-electronics-solid-state-tubes.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 6, 2014,
Quote by ibanezguitars44
I think they would be nice as back ups for gigs. Since they theoretically last forever, you could always have them on hand in case something breaks.
Nothing lasts forever, theoretically or otherwise, as the SS amps I've repaired will attest. Power transistors do fail, they may last longer than tubes but I've had to replace more than a few in my time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well; at least the 6L6 versions look cool:

How they will sound (or how well they will function) is another matter. Time will tell.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
i wonder if they glow. the glow of the 12ax7 retrovalves looks really cool. if these AMT "tubes" are similar to Jet Citys, then they have a little transformer and transistor amplifier circuit inside. Im not all too confident that these 6l6 tubes will last with a 25W transistor(MOSFET?) inside as well as all the other mojo going on in there even with the heatsink design. as said, time will tell.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1