Hi! I have a fender telecaster american deluxe. The tuners on it is pretty bad (hard to get and hold in tune). Im looking for a locking tuner replacement. I just want something that is good and is not to heavy (in terms of tone and balance). What do you reccomend? :-)
Sperzel are nice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I like the Fender locking tuners on Amazon. Something like 35 bucks shipped.

I've got them on all my fenders and I'm very happy with them. I have Sperzels on a custom neck I had built for one of my Teles and that is great too. But wouldn't be a drop in replacement on a fender neck.
You really shouldn't need locking tuners on a telecaster. If it's not staying in tune it's more likely that the nut is incorrectly cut or not lubricated. Try pencil lead/graphite dust and or vasaline/lipsil to lube the slots. Also only tune up to pitch never down (so that the gears are engaged fully).
Quote by ESBlonde
You really shouldn't need locking tuners on a telecaster. If it's not staying in tune it's more likely that the nut is incorrectly cut or not lubricated. Try pencil lead/graphite dust and or vasaline/lipsil to lube the slots. Also only tune up to pitch never down (so that the gears are engaged fully).

Best part of locking tuners is the quick string changes. So just for that alone I NEED them
Locking tuners have next to nothing to do with your guitar staying in tune. I've never had to swap out a set of tuners because the tuners weren't holding.

But they're handy for that one zillionth of your guitar's life that involves string changes.

I have Sperzels on a number of guitars, but you should find something that's a drop-in (no new holes, no reaming out of the existing holes) if you're swapping out on your tele.
i have a set of Open Gear "Hipshot" tuners. they are very high quality and have a great look.
Sperzels are very nice too.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.