Hey! So I'm looking for a new tube amp head to tag along my laney 2x12 cabinet.
I play mostly Metal and heavy stuff, and also some clean stuff as well.
Most of the time I play home and with a drummer but not quite often.

So the 3 amps available in my price range are:
1-peavey valveking 100 head (used)
2-Jet city 50w head (New)
3-bugera 6262 head (used)
I'm not very picky on used or new as long as it does the job well.

My budget is not more than 300 euros.

I've got a handmade explorer with James Hetfield EMGs. Also have a blackstar ht-metal pedal and will be adding a tc nova system soon hopefully.

I'm located in Sweden, Gothenburg.

If anyone has any experience with any please share it and let me know what would be the best amp out of those 3.

Please don't suggest any other amps because those are the only ones that i could purshase.
Last edited by Aboulhassan at Mar 6, 2014,
location?
budget?
new or used?

out of your list, Jet City
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Either the Jet City or the bugera (if its a recent and infinium one).

But yeah, have a look at this post and update your post with some more informations so we can advise you better - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Get the Jet City from Thomann then you have a good warranty, if you ever need to use it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
New Jet City + Bad Monkey (or any tubescreamer clone) overdrive if needed is the choice that makes most sense in this case.

Valveking sounds really good after Mesa mod but I dont think its worth to buy one just for that unless you are a tweaker and tinkerer at heart.

Bugera would sound great being Peavey 6505+ clone but reliability is a huge concern. Buying one used without warranty is a russian roulette in my eyes.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I guess I might skip the bugera part because the only one available is used and it might be from the old ones..

So it's between the jet city and the Valveking, I see most of you agree with the JC more, although I just read that the 'clean' channel of the jet city is not really clean, is that true?
Yeah it is an crunch channel that cleans up with gain turned down.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
+1 on the jet city

VK is nice but more of a jack of all trades type amp

bugera i have no experience with. word on the street is the tone's good, but the reliability is the concern , as maazeus said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jet City then.
Their clean channel is actually a low gain crunch channel which is more or less clean with the gain turned down, but who needs 100% clean cleans anyway?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I wouldn't say the crunch channel is that low gain. i'd say it's more or less a bog standard crunch channel level of gain. with the gain on it all the way up it hits about the same amount of distortion as i have dialled into the overdrive channel (though i hit that with a boost or two, I don't want to make it sound heavier than it is). It kinda goes from near-enough-clean (at least at lower volumes and with softish picking) to hard rock, i'd say. But yeah it's not really a bona fide clean channel.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Aboulhassan
What's the difference between the 22h and the 50h, sound wise?

The 22h does not stay clean at very loud volumes. If your giging the 22h may not be for you if you need cleans.

The 50h also sounds a bit thicker/punchier than the 22h.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Could you name some bands that are similar to the sound you're going for? "Metal" is a relatively broad term.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
The 22h and the 50w head are basically the same amp with different wattages. Youll probably want the 50 watt though as it will give you more headroom. Allowing you to achieve clean tones at a much higher volume than the 20 watt version would.
Quote by diabolical
That should be enough.

This. Won. The. Thread.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
^ +1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?