Just out of curiosity I was wondering why does charvel recess most of there Floyd's now? It seems until a couple of years ago they mostly non recessed there guitars. Just curious as to why the change.
Last edited by Joeballz at Mar 6, 2014,
Popular demand.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ yeah. also douchery. EDIT: still it makes it pretty easy to differentiate the USAs and MIJs from the newer MIJs so that's nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was just curious. I was interested in buying a charvel but it bothers me that there made in Mexico now and there 900$ when not even 4 years ago you could have had a USA model with floyd rose, dimarzio or Seymour Duncan's and a hard case for 900$. I was stupid I should have scooped one up but I wasn't into the whole whammy thing back than. I'm more of a fan of non recessed even though I'm aware you can block recessed. I guess that's why I'm more partial to the older USA models. I also almost refuse to spend the money on a Mexican made guitar for the same price of USA models prior. I'd rather go used and scoop up a USA model.
Last edited by Joeballz at Mar 6, 2014,
most of the MIJs are non-recessed, too. They haven't been discontinued as long so you might still find a new old stock one (if that's what you want). or if you're ok with used the USA ones are worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd personally always rather have a recessed Floyd. I use them rather than block them, and prefer them closer to the guitar body.
I'm not sure which I prefer. I like non-recessed on more 80s-style guitars as I think it makes them look more 80s. But they do sit up higher, as you said, when they aren't recessed so you need either a shim or some neck pitch there, which makes the guitar feel more like a gibson (at least it does to me) than a fender and i guess depending on what you prefer you might either like that or hate it.

I use them too, I don't just block them. And I'd normally leave a non-recessed floyd floating, too, you can get about a semitone of up-pull (maybe even nearly a tone) that way. And you avoid the problems of pulling up way too much and breaking a string. But if you want to do the really crazy stunts, then recessed probably is preferable.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?