It's very likely that I'll come off as a complete n00b here but...

When I leave my Big Muff Pi or DS-2 on with no signal then there is really high pitched feedback- Is this normal? I believe it is but just wanted to check. I'm pretty sure it isn't the cables and it isn't one effect in the chain.

All it is is guitar- DS-2- BMP- EVH Wah.

BMP is on batteries. Nothing wrong with the psu for DS-2 and no feedback from the wah.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
how loud is the feedback?

it might be normal or it might not. if you're playing really loudly in a small enclosed space it might be normal.

or it might be microphonic pickups (that'd be my guess without hearing more info).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's probably normal judging from the quantity of gain I understand you have put to the signal with that chain

The ways of lowering it might be:
1. turn the gain down
2. don't point the pickups towards the speakers

But as Dave said, more info would be helpful to accurately determine your problem.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
yeah i actually meant to add to my post it could just be crazy high amounts of clipping which aren't helping
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?