Page 1 of 4
Is there anyone here that has no intention of having kids ? Most of you are adults and most either already have kids or hope to have kids one day but people seem to think adults that don't want to have kids are weird and apparently missing out if they don't. I'm 16 but I can safely say that I never want to have kids, it just seems like a waste of 17-18 years considering that most people die in their 70's.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Is there anyone here that has no intention of having kids ? Most of you are adults and most either already have kids or hope to have kids one day but people seem to think adults that don't want to have kids are weird and apparently missing out if they don't. I'm 16 but I can safely say that I never want to have kids, it just seems like a waste of 17-18 years considering that most people die in their 70's.

That's the part you should elaborate on.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I'm 16

Exactly, wait until you're not a teenager to start deciding things like that
I was always I don't mind if I do or don't.

Then 3 years ago my daughter was born and I couldn't imagine never having a kid.

That would be horrible.

Best thing that ever happened to me.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Lemmy bro you're barely old enough to drive you dont know what you want yet
Sail upon the open skies
well, you're a kid yourself

it will come to you in time.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
nobody should even be talking to you about having kids, you're 16
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I don't want to have kids right now or in the foreseeable future, but I don't want to say I NEVER want kids.

My girlfriend is more against kids than I am, and it's quite possible she is incapable of having them anyway, so the decision might be made for us. Adoption is a possibility though.
I'm not sure I want kids, personally. Mainly because I'd be a shit dad and looking after myself can be troublesome without having to look after a midget as well.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
nobody should even be talking to you about having kids, you're 16

Yeah I know but i'm just saying, if a couple gets married, people eventually start asking them do they having any plans to have kids, it's like the social norm that every one should live out the exact same life, You finish school, go to college, get a job, get a girlfriend, get married, buy a house, have kids, raise them, when they grow up you can spend the last 20 years of your life waiting to die. Retirement is the age where old people are supposed to live out the last of their days having fun, but when do you actually see old people living their dream.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Yeah I know but i'm just saying, if a couple gets married, people eventually start asking them do they having any plans to have kids, it's like the social norm that every one should live out the exact same life, You finish school, go to college, get a job, get a girlfriend, get married, buy a house, have kids, raise them, when they grow up you can spend the last 20 years of your life waiting to die. Retirement is the age where old people are supposed to live out the last of their days having fun, but when do you actually see old people living their dream.

yea, but are people asking you right now? most aren't because you're not in a place in your life where it is even worth the effort to think about this. you're gonna be a different person.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by captainsnazz
philip pepper 2.0

I just noticed that you still have my screw-up as your sig.

I hate you.

EDIT: I just realized that this quote had nothing to do with my comment. But I'm not gonna delete it now
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Mar 6, 2014,
Not for me.im 32 now been with my partner for 8 years now.i dont think I would be a good dad plus I couldnt afford it either.i would be a good uncle I think tho.nothing against folk having kids but some people use them to get ahead in life ie benefits, housing etc which I dont agree on.
definitely want kids, i'd love to have someone to pass down all of my psychological issues to.
Quote by Dregen
definitely want kids, i'd love to have someone to pass down all of my psychological issues to.

Nail on the head.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Quote by smittyanthrax
Not for me.im 32 now been with my partner for 8 years now.i dont think I would be a good dad plus I couldnt afford it either.i would be a good uncle I think tho.nothing against folk having kids but some people use them to get ahead in life ie benefits, housing etc which I dont agree on.

jesus wept

yeah you definitely shouldn't have kids
I don't know.

I've seen kids completely brighten up people's lives.

Two of my sisters have kids, I may just spoil them rotten with toys and whatever gifts they like.

Who knows? If I could find a girl who is like my best friend, I may do it then.

Right now I'm coming out of a deep depression, I'm finally starting to understand that it's okay to be happy again.

I think I may save up money for my niece for her college fund, here dad is a prick. I almost feel like it's my duty to step into her life and be like a father figure to Fiona. Her Dad wants nothing to do with her or my sister.

I'd be happy being the rich uncle who spoils his nieces and nephews, as long as they promise to love me, that's all I really hope for. I want a relationship to my Sister's children.
my parents swore to not have kids and i'm the fourth. apparently things change as you get older. i wouldn't know from experience, but ya know, that's what every old timer tells me.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Nope, never. Too much of a chance it could turn out a skank or addicted to heroin.
Dude seriously;

You think you know everything and have life all figured out at the ripe old age of 16, then you turn 21 and thought you were dumb then and think you really have life figured all out. Then you turn 30 and think what an idiot you were when you were 21.

It never ends. The conclusion I draw from this is that we will always be dumb in a matter of speaking

You might not want kids now but just wait a few years.

But you know, I'm 22 now. My opinion about life etc. is probably gonna change anyway as I get older and I accept that.

Don't worry about it so much.
Quote by captainsnazz
jesus wept

yeah you definitely shouldn't have kids

Im sorry what was wrong with my reasons?
Quote by E7#9
Dude seriously;

You think you know everything and have life all figured out at the ripe old age of 16, then you turn 21 and thought you were dumb then and think you really have life figured all out. Then you turn 30 and think what an idiot you were when you were 21.

It never ends. The conclusion I draw from this is that we will always be dumb in a matter of speaking

You might not want kids now but just wait a few years.

But you know, I'm 22 now. My opinion about life etc. is probably gonna change anyway as I get older and I accept that.

Don't worry about it so much.

>turns 30

>has kids

>turns 40

>fuuuuuuuuuuuu-
I definitely want to have kids. I really couldn't imagine my life otherwise.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Is there anyone here that has no intention of having kids ? Most of you are adults and most either already have kids or hope to have kids one day but people seem to think adults that don't want to have kids are weird and apparently missing out if they don't.
I dunno. If it happens, it happens.

I'm 16 but I can safely say that I never want to have kids, it just seems like a waste of 17-18 years considering that most people die in their 70's.
Actually, with the advancement of today's technology in medicine, the average life span is expected to go up to as much as 100 years.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Actually, with the advancement of today's technology in medicine, the average life span is expected to go up to as much as 100 years.

In America we are predicted to be the first generation not to outlive our parent's lifespan.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Last edited by Dwight.Schrute at Mar 6, 2014,
When I was 20 I was full sure I didn't want to have kids.
Had our first kid at 30
Now we have two kids and I couldn't imagine my life without them.
They're so funny, they're like little people.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I dunno. If it happens, it happens.

That sounds awful honestly, so much Alzheimer's and barely being able to move
Quote by shawnkenneth
I just noticed that you still have my screw-up as your sig.

I hate you.

EDIT: I just realized that this quote had nothing to do with my comment. But I'm not gonna delete it now

You were actually serious with that? I thought it was a geniusly crafted joke. Oh my...
I decided I didn't want kids when I was about 15-16ish. I'm 40 later this year and I've never changed my mind.

TS's opinion may change, it may not. Mine didn't, but I have lots of friends who did change their mind about it. None of them regret changing their mind, and I don't regret not changing my mind.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
im 11 and I wants a whole baseball team there bound to be 1 that will be famous or rich to take care of me
Whats goes around must come down
Page 1 of 4