Page 1 of 3
My girfriend and I were having a discussion the other day about valid reasons to break up with a partner, and cheating came up pretty quickly. I told her that if she cheated on me, I'd break up with her, and she said she wouldn't break up with me I cheated on her.

I really don't understand her point of view, because to me cheating is the ultimate violation of the total trust needed to sustain a relationship. She thinks that if you really love someone, it wouldn't matter that they cheated on you, you'd still trust them.

What does the Pit think?
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by GazzaCee
My girfriend and I were having a discussion the other day about valid reasons to break up with a partner, and cheating came up pretty quickly. I told her that if she cheated on me, I'd break up with her, and she said she wouldn't break up with me I cheated on her.

I really don't understand her point of view, because to me cheating is the ultimate violation of the total trust needed to sustain a relationship. She thinks that if you really love someone, it wouldn't matter that they cheated on you, you'd still trust them.

What does the Pit think?

"My man can sleep with other women, as long as he doesn't fall in love with her".

That's because it's more important for the woman that her man doesn't remove his resources away from her.

If a woman cheats, the man is much more worried about the physical aspect of it. Cuckolding is one men's biggest, if not THE biggest, primal fear.
Well, yeah, but that doesn't really mean anything.

There's no objective measurement of trust.. you can't say, "oh well you should have 83 less trust units in a partner who cheats." you either trust someone or you don't. if you believe that they're sincere in saying it was a mistake and you can get over the betrayal, that's "legitimate grounds" for continuing the relationship.

if you "don't know" if you can trust someone, then you don't trust them, and it means you're likely incapable of getting over the betrayal, so you should end the relationship immediately.
From an economic standpoint, you giving her sex has low value as compared to other things you can do for her, for you it's not as much.
Yup, I'd call it quits. Your gf is probably doing another guy as we speak.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Girls only ever say its ok to cheat if 1) they are disgustingly in love or 2) (the more likely reason) they have cheated on you

Sorry TS
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by mnf50
She's cheated on you bro

This is the first thing I thought of.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Quote by GazzaCee

What does the Pit think?

Yes, and the bold part is exactly why.
Quote by GazzaCee
she said she wouldn't break up with me if I cheated on her.
*alarm bells*
ggg1 ggg3

Guys, I'm like 99% confident she hasn't cheated on me
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
In an honest response, it depends on the situation, like everything else.

If you're a terrible husband/boyfriend/whatever, and stop providing many things that your significant other has come to expect because of your relationship history, and he/she sleeps with another person or finds emotional support/whatever in another man, then it might be a sign of problems with your own relationship and may or may not be an end to your relationship.

Honestly, I'm 99% sure that the Pit is not ready for such a serious discussion.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by GazzaCee

Well of course that's what you think. If you weren't then she wouldn't be doing a good enough job of hiding it.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by GazzaCee
and she said she wouldn't break up with me I cheated on her.

What does the Pit think?

All of what you said is perfectly admirable, valid and understandable.

What you are missing is that she doesn't share this view because she has already broken it. Or she's testing you.
I've been cheated on and I cheated on my most recent ex-girlfriend. If you're looking to someone else for intimacy then the relationship is doomed.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG

I know people that have stayed together after one of them cheated. I wouldn't be able to do it, but I understand that everyone is different.
Of course its a valid reason. Doesn't mean you have to break up with someone that cheats on you though.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Yes, it is. However, that doesn't mean that one has to make it a deal breaker. TS has conflated the two.

I also agree with what Dread has said. Cheating is not always a simple case of betrayal of trust.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by GazzaCee

yeh lol me and her was laughing last night bout dis, she be like "my man be thinkin im faithful" and im like "lol' and then we fucked
banned
I think it is if you feel it is in the context of your specific relationship. For others it may be different. If it feels enough for you then it is valid. There are definitely no hard and fast "rules." For example, I know a girl who cheated on her then boyfriend, and now they are getting married!

still sucked my d1ck th0
First thing I thought of was yeah, sounds like she is cheating on him, and two its situational.

So... it's probably best to assume that she had sex with Ron Jeremy in your bed, in that situation, you should also have sex with Ron Jeremy in your bed.
Last edited by Schmorgasblab at Mar 6, 2014,
Don't break up with her unless you do something awesome first like **** her up the butt and cum in her mouth.
Id break up with the other person because its the biggest breach of trust possible in a relationship.

I know if my SO cheated on me I wouldn't be able to trust her again.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
either she wants you to cheat on her because she gets of at that shit or shes shagging some other dude behind your back and is trying to make herself feel less bad about it

either way you should dump that ho
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
no not necessarily. there are tons of factors. more often than not, sure, but not always.

i also don't find cheating to be a universally despicable thing. again, there are tons of factors.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by GazzaCee

That 1 percent of doubt is looking pretty plausible
ayy lmao
Page 1 of 3