Okay, so I just got a Fuzz Factory in a trade with a friend of mine.

He told me it was a Vexter series but it's all handpainted and has a signature and date on the back.

So yeah, is there any way to tell for sure?
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Mar 6, 2014,
Post pictures?
Some of the early Vexter stuff was handpainted, I think. It was just a much simpler paintjob.
That looks very much like it's been repainted. The '12 label certainly is not consistent. The early handpainted Vexters (IIRC) would have been around 2006 ish and they didn't look like that anyway.
Quote by Roc8995
That looks very much like it's been repainted. The '12 label certainly is not consistent. The early handpainted Vexters (IIRC) would have been around 2006 ish and they didn't look like that anyway.

That is what I figured, however on the top of the pedal there's the Zvex logo that's been printed on.

It seems odd to me that someone would paint it, and then print on the Zvex logo on top of it.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
yeah that looks like a home paint job.

Original Fuzz Factories were home painted like that though.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Well I'm selling it. Not professing it to be either a Vexter or a regular Zvex, letting the people decide for themselves.
Sort of like that, but the colors were a lot brighter and better separated. Maybe the picture is messing with it, but that really looks like someone tried to copy the original paint job to me. Look at the smudges/bleeding on the red F at far left, and the inconsistent fill-in on the orange letters. The knob labels also look like they were done with a sharpie, not a brush (and the originals had white knob labels anyway).

I bet that was a Vexter someone painted over. They're the same inside anyway.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Well I'm selling it. Not professing it to be either a Vexter or a regular Zvex, letting the people decide for themselves.

have fun with that

Quote by kangaxxter
Original Fuzz Factories were home painted like that though.

they were a lot better quality than that, dude.