In my theory class we were assigned a part-writing project. I out of school sick the week we were assigned it and I never learned the SATB.

Basically, we all are bringing in our instruments and playing an 8 measure, 8 chord progression, four people for each project.

We have to write for soprano, alto, tenor and bass. I've never done this and really have no idea how I'd write a progression like this. I found an article with the ranges for each clef but I still don't really know how to write it the correct way... do I write it all on one piece or do I have a different 8 bar piece of music for each clef?

Excuse my ignorance but I have no idea what i'm doing, honestly.

Can someone help me out or show me an example of how I'd do this?
generally, when writing academic sketches for SATB, you use a grand staff and place the soprano and alto voices on the top staff, and the tenor and bass voices on the bottom. it's generally a time and space saver.

if you so choose, you can have four different staffs (one assigned to each voice). this is generally only done in music where the four parts are for singers where the work is polyphonic (resulting in different word placement for each voice), in pieces where the music is complicated, or longer pieces that require each performer to have only his or her own part written out (again, a time and space saver). though published works are pretty much always written like this.

remember to watch your parallel fifths and octaves (which, admittedly, the example i'm giving you employs, but this is a very modern style)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcOX09ApmCw
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
I guarantee this is covered very clearly in the relevant part of your textbook. You should probably ask your teacher if you don't have the course materials. For serious, just take some initiative ask your teacher what you missed.
Quote by cdgraves
I guarantee this is covered very clearly in the relevant part of your textbook. You should probably ask your teacher if you don't have the course materials. For serious, just take some initiative ask your teacher what you missed.

This. Too many rules on part-writing to comprehensively cover it on a forum, and there might be specific requirements set for the class, so nobody but your teacher (or perhaps a well-informed classmate) can help you out really.