Hello,

i bought a couple of month ago a Washburn Parallaxe with passive pickups, everything was fine until i brought it in our rehearsal room, plugged it in an high gain amp, clean chanel ok, heavy or soft distortion: an horrible noise going back and forth when i don't play, when i play it's better but otherwise it's horrible. I've noticed that when i touch the metallic part of each side of the jack, the noise disappear,
to be sure i plugged my guitar in my sound card at home, it appear that it's the same thing.
I've read that this might come from the wire system not being grounded and indeed no wire is attached to the Floyd rose ( i've read that it has to a wire to the Floyd to be grounded)
How can a guitar going out of a factory can pass with the wire system not being grounded ? Or is it another problem?

thanks by advance.
Quote by phidias13
How can a guitar going out of a factory can pass with the wire system not being grounded ?

Sometimes a solder joint isn’t perfect and a wire pops loose. Sometimes that wire is the ground. Other times someone just doesn’t bother to solder a ground wire. My first guitar was an Epiphone that literally had no ground wire at all.