This is an excellent thread as I have not slept much in the last few days and need to continue not sleeping until Monday.
cat
Ivbeen up a while since yesterday had two hours sleep. I'm doing quizzes to keep my brain working but for some reason it's weird.

Music is not an option. Reading helps I think. You have to not to space out
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Ivbeen up a while since yesterday had two hours sleep. I'm doing quizzes to keep my brain working but for some reason it's weird.

Music is not an option. Reading helps I think. You have to not to space out

I think I've slept about 5 hours since Wednesday. Coke Zero and not having the option of sleeping unless I want to fail all my classes is helping lots. Music is an option because I am listening to music which I absolutely cannot sit still to under normal circumstances so combined with caffeine and being anxious about not finishing in time its really working!

But yes I am certainily not spacing out since I am actively using my brain to create things. But effects of not sleeping: bad skin/hair, lightheadedness, bad typing skills, DOMS won't go away, weight gain caused by eating nonstop as a way to prevent myself from sleeping. My face is literally rounder.

I don't think I will sleep properly until monday so i need to keep this going.
cat
That's exactly it. But I gotta stop sleeping through day and waking up at midnight

^ You have to be careful of crashing from sugar/caffeine. That's what messed me up here. Plus fast food. But essentially I put melbourne bounce and had hot chocolate and coffee, it really works.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 7, 2014,

That's seriously a kickass song. I've had to study it for my pop music class and it's one of my favourites.

Anyway, about staying awake. I'm currently living in Melbourne (Carlton) and there's a nightclub around the corner from my apartment. It's only open on Friday nights and all you can hear is a thumping sound from when it gets dark to about 8 or 9 on Saturday morning.
It's honestly ridiculous. At some points you hear a drilling sound that gets louder and louder, then goes right back to thumping.
I live on the 7th floor and it sounds like it's right next door.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That's exactly it. But I gotta stop sleeping through day and waking up at midnight

^ You have to be careful of crashing from sugar/caffeine. That's what messed me up here. Plus fast food. But essentially I put melbourne bounce and had hot chocolate and coffee, it really works.

yeeeeeeaaaahh melbounce :koolkat: :thumbsup:

I am listening to alt-J now and its making me very sleepy but I want to sing to something while I write so idk what there is

I'm really sensitive to caffiene so I can only handle half a can of coke 0 per night plus a bit of dark chocolate. Unfortunately staying up makes me hungry and i haven't had dinner for the last few days hence eating everything

Quote by Extra Ordinary

Anyway, about staying awake. I'm currently living in Melbourne (Carlton) and there's a nightclub around the corner from my apartment. It's only open on Friday nights and all you can hear is a thumping sound from when it gets dark to about 8 or 9 on Saturday morning.
It's honestly ridiculous. At some points you hear a drilling sound that gets louder and louder, then goes right back to thumping.
I live on the 7th floor and it sounds like it's right next door.

jelz
cat