I got '60s drummer.
It's actually pretty good!

Anyway, that's not a program, it's an audio library, so basically a collection of drum sounds mapped to keyboard's keys with some tweakable parameters and some pictures.
So, to use that you will need an appropriate sample player (one that reads that particular sample library format), which is kontakt in this case.

Kontakt will work with any DAW of your likings if you download the right version (there's also a standalone version if you fancy that), then when you opened it you import the sample library, you load it and you can play with it.

Edit: wait, there's no linux version so if you're running qtractor or ardour on linux don't get that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
I got '60s drummer.
It's actually pretty good!

Anyway, that's not a program, it's an audio library, so basically a collection of drum sounds mapped to keyboard's keys with some tweakable parameters and some pictures.
So, to use that you will need an appropriate sample player (one that reads that particular sample library format), which is kontakt in this case.

Kontakt will work with any DAW of your likings if you download the right version (there's also a standalone version if you fancy that), then when you opened it you import the sample library, you load it and you can play with it.

Edit: wait, there's no linux version so if you're running qtractor or ardour on linux don't get that.

Thanks for the reply. I basically know how the program works but I would like to know what people thought of the software package itself.

The reason I ask if it will work with any DAW is because after researching online I found people having problems with using Addictive Drums in Studio One as it's not officially supported. I'd rather get something that works for both Studio One and Reaper.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at Mar 8, 2014,
Quote by Blackfire.
Thanks for the reply. I basically know how the program works but I would like to know what people thought of the software package itself.

The reason I ask if it will work with any DAW is because after researching online I found people having problems with using Addictive Drums in Studio One as it's not officially supported. I'd rather get something that works for both Studio One and Reaper.

Then the answer you're looking for is Superior Drummer.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Then the answer you're looking for is Superior Drummer.

Hmm. It looks like if you order EZdrummer + Superior Drummer Crossgrade. You will get both softwares for less than the price of Superior Drummer.

Have you used it with Studio One or Reaper? Thanks mate!
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Wait, why did you ask about studio drummer when you had doubts about addictive drums?

As for my personal preference, I'd either go for studio drummer or SSD4.
I'm sure kontakt has no problem with any daw, and SSD4 shouldn't either.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Wait, why did you ask about studio drummer when you had doubts about addictive drums?

Because I was looking into Addictive first until I found about the compatibility problem it had with Studio One. Then started looking at Studio Drummer and wanted to make sure it had no problems with Studio One. So I posted on here to find someone who may have both of them and use them together.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
I can't imagine Addictive Drums wouldn't work just fine in either DAW. Both are big name programs, they'd be dumb not to support AD. That being said, I've never found AD to be particular realistic sounding and its probably my least favorite of the major commercial libraries.

If you're interested in Studio Drummer, I'd wait till one of their sales where it'll go for half price. I'm not entirely sure it can be used with the free version of Kontakt though, it might need the full one?

Studio Drummer sounds nice, but they are all more classic sounding sets. I rarely use mine, or Abbey Road. Superior Drummer or SSD CLA are my go-to.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Blackfire.
Hmm. It looks like if you order EZdrummer + Superior Drummer Crossgrade. You will get both softwares for less than the price of Superior Drummer.

Have you used it with Studio One or Reaper? Thanks mate!

I've used it with both. I've not used Studio One in years, but I remember it worked.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I've used it with both. I've not used Studio One in years, but I remember it worked.

Cool, I guess I'll order up the EZdrummer and Superior Drummer Crossgrade.
[..BLACKFIRE..]