Yes, I'm finally doing this. After saying I was going to like 3 times and then kept forgetting to.

Where to start. I suppose first, I must say that the amp looks much sharper in real life than it does in pictures (especially my pictures ) It's honestly the best looking amp I've ever owned. Very sharp. Size and weight are both nice, given that it is a 1x12 combo.

This is a fun amp that surprisingly has a lot of tweakability, given its "small tube amp" nature. It has seperate wattage and volume knobs, so you can really dial it in and push it in a ton of different ways.

I have mine set at about 1 o'clock on the Watts knob and about 8 o'clock on the volume knob, with the pull boost engaged at all times, for home volume. This setting gives me the balance of poweramp push to get pick dynamic cleans or breakup at TV volumes.

When I play with a drummer, I leave the wattage setting the same, but just crank the volume up.

I don't have any pristine cleans this way, but the high volume natural breakup sounds absolutely fantastic. Honestly way better than I ever expected to get out of this amp. This amp is known for being quite bright, but the high volume breakup is not shrill or piercing at all. It is bright, mind you, but not at all in an abrasive or unpleasant way. It's something I've never experienced before, frankly (though I've never really owned any non-metal amps before besides a Peavey ValveKing years ago that I never ever cranked).

It's a pretty bright amp. Just the nature of the beast. Though the tone control does have a pretty decent range on it. I keep my Tone at 1 o'clock just because it sounds best there to my ears. I keep the Texture switch in the middle position and keep the Depth at 1 o'clock.

I always run the amp in low power mode. It's a lot more controllable at home volumes. I never bothered to try the high power mode with a band. It can keep up volume wise on low power (please note that this band plays rock and indie type stuff. So it's not really that loud. At least compared to my prog groove death band, in which ear plugs are absolutely required )

I just made this video right now to show off the dynamics. I don't touch any controls on the amp or the guitar at all during this video. Chain is my Epiphone Firebird VII with all 3 pickups at max volume straight into the amp. Watts 12 o'clock, Depth 1 o'clock, Tone 2 o'clock, Volume 8:30 o'clock, Pull Boost engaged. Please do excuse my playing. It is quite sloppy because I am very tired at the moment.

I'm afraid my phone's camera might have completely defeated the purpose of this video. You can't hear the dynamics in the video anywhere near as well as you can hear them IRL. That sucks.

http://youtu.be/C1N28Ivcld0

This is a video I took a few days ago. This is with my pedalboard, showing off the kind of sound I usually use and get out of the amp.

http://youtu.be/dR3ZK_lqN2U
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
gah you're killing me. dying to try one of these.

edit: i'm pretty sure i got a secret message from aliens in the second clip.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 7, 2014,
I was looking at those for a good while before deciding I should just build my own eventually. I agree, too, that they look really nice. So clean and simple.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
sweet

I thought your amp and pedalboard were outside at the start. your carpet looks like gravel, and then you have a green rug or something like that looks like grass and something else that looks like paving stones between the carpet and the rug
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ or he has grass that looks like green carpets and gravel that looks like grey carpets?

Happy NAD anyway borhter!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
No brootz, it sucks.

HNAD dude. You make me want one.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
HNAD

What speaker is in it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
HNAD

How long before you sell it?

Just kidding.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by gregs1020

edit: i'm pretty sure i got a secret message from aliens in the second clip.

Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

I thought your amp and pedalboard were outside at the start. your carpet looks like gravel, and then you have a green rug or something like that looks like grass and something else that looks like paving stones between the carpet and the rug

Haha wtf? I stared at the pics and I have no idea how you could think that. I can't see it at all.

Quote by Ippon
Congrats! Curious to learn your thoughts after you play with the band.

I did! My thoughts in a nutshell: Jesus titty ****ing christ this amp sings when it's moving air. It has a real sweet crunch, it's bright and sweet but it's not harsh or piercing. Pretty useless for cleans with a drummer though.

Quote by Cathbard
HNAD

What speaker is in it?

It's totally stock at the moment. VHT Chromeback or something like that. After I get paid again it's getting a Mullard and a JJ. After that I'll see what I think about changing the speaker. Maybe an Eminence Man O War.

Quote by R45VT
HNAD

How long before you sell it?

Well, given the 2nd video I posted, and this:
Quote by Offworld92
Pretty useless for cleans with a drummer though.

I'd say you probably CAN hold your breath.

I really have no idea what to get for this ambient clean tone though. I know of a ****ton of amps, but I haven't found "the one" yet. I know the amp I have dire GAS for, the Vintage Modern, CAN do it, but it's not exactly the sound in my head that I hear and want now.

I'm thinking it's probably a Mesa... maybe a Lonestar, or a Roadster/Road King.

Inb4 RM100. Preemptive Shut up.

Thanks!

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

You know you want one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Dat Loneclean module doe

That's a great sound.

I remember falling in love with the Lonestar years ago.

Maybe that's what I'm searching for.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
And you've got two slots left for other shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
RM man. Come to the dark side. We have the toan
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Offworld92

i decoded it. it's a repeating gps location for hy-brasil.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Offworld92

(a) Haha wtf? I stared at the pics and I have no idea how you could think that. I can't see it at all.

(b) It's totally stock at the moment. VHT Chromeback or something like that. After I get paid again it's getting a Mullard and a JJ. After that I'll see what I think about changing the speaker. Maybe an Eminence Man O War.

(a) I probably just looked too quickly at the pic

(b) what type of tones are you after? If you want to keep the fendery thing (ish) but still have nice british (ish) od i'd have thought something like a g12h30 might be worth a try. depending on how modern distortion you need. man o war (it's eminence's g12t75, right?) might work well too if it's not too fizzy, it's similarly a bit scooped for a celestion (which helps the cleans but it still sounds more or less british when distorted).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?