Hey guys, this is a song i wrote and recorded a few weeks back be4 my recording computer broke, and i just decided to put the video together yesterday. This is one of the first recordings with me playing EVERYTHING (Guitar, Bass, Drums) AND doing the vocals. This song was very inspired by thrash legends, like megadeth, and testament. However, its also not straight thrash. Its just my bastardization of the style haha A few words of forewarning be4 you listen, im not much of a singer, and also not the best drummer.
Either way though, id love to know what u guys think! My solos were kind of rushed in this so they arent great. Id love some crit on my voice (I never sang much prior to recording this, well, not since i was like 13 and doing vocals for a terrible band haha).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt0l9Zx1RKE

As always, Ill C4C

Thanks,

Jake P
I like it a lot

It's very obvious that you're heavily influenced by Megadeth. The vocals sound like Sweating Bullets. The little clean section about 90 sec in sounds a lot like Holy Wars' clean section. The harmonies sound like 80s Megadeth. There's nothing wrong with any of that of course

Wish we had someone like you as our 2nd guitarist, my drummer would fricking love you, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Endless-Terror/509752505775155?ref=hl
https://www.soundcloud.com/endless_terror.com

We're finishing up a 3 song EP, so for right now all we have in mostly live recording from gigs (FB) and older demos with no vocals and in a slightly higher tuning (soundcloud)
Last edited by bdof at Mar 7, 2014,
Quote by bdof
I like it a lot

It's very obvious that you're heavily influenced by Megadeth. The vocals sound like Sweating Bullets. The little clean section about 90 sec in sounds a lot like Holy Wars' clean section. The harmonies sound like 80s Megadeth. There's nothing wrong with any of that of course

Wish we had someone like you as our 2nd guitarist, my drummer would fricking love you, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Endless-Terror/509752505775155?ref=hl
https://www.soundcloud.com/endless_terror.com

We're finishing up a 3 song EP, so for right now all we have in mostly live recording from gigs (FB) and older demos with no vocals and in a slightly higher tuning (soundcloud)

Hey man, I checked out the soundcloud stuff, I wish i was in a band like yours! haha Im in a few local ones, one that actually gigs frequently, and a techdeath band that has a single out on a record label, but ive always wanted to have a band like urs. I love good solid groove metal!! More than blood was one of the grooviest songs ive ever heard! If you do a final studio recording, and want a guest guitar solo, hmu! haha Im always down to record a guest solo or two (This video isnt a good show of my soloing abilities, check out my jason becker cover or some of my improv vids for a better demo), i just have to finish setting up my recording setup on my laptop.
Edit: I checked out some live videos too..........damn man you guys are awesome! Loved everything about the live stuff, the sound, the performance, the stage presence. Keep it up!
Last edited by awesomo41894 at Mar 7, 2014,
Well lucky you, the 3 songs we're finishing up right now is More than Blood, Field of Terror, and Raid. All are faster now, especially Raid. The stuff on soundcloud is Drop Db, while it's now recorded at Drop C. Working on our 12th song right now in our spare writing time.

I'll def keep you in mind when comes to future recordings and solos

EDIT: Btw, this is More Than Blood (Live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuzzjhZtL48

It was a Halloween show
Last edited by bdof at Mar 7, 2014,
Quote by bdof
Well lucky you, the 3 songs we're finishing up right now is More than Blood, Field of Terror, and Raid. All are faster now, especially Raid. The stuff on soundcloud is Drop Db, while it's now recorded at Drop C. Working on our 12th song right now in our spare writing time.

I'll def keep you in mind when comes to future recordings and solos

EDIT: Btw, this is More Than Blood (Live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuzzjhZtL48

It was a Halloween show

Sounded so sick dude! You guys are like a pantera mixed with LOG. Loved it!
awesomo,
You're nice to me on this forum, so I thought I'd review another tune of yours. I wish the audio quality was better, though this is not unusual for youtube. There is a phasey-ness to the audio that often happens with lower kb/sec mp3's. As you might know by now, I don't like screaming/growling death metal vocals, so for me these vocals are better than that, but I wish they were more melodic. Guitar riffs/playing is good. Nice lead guitar, the low distortion lead guitar was a surprise. Bass playing/riffs are fine. It's nice watching the drummer play on video, he's playing well. I just read recently that Alex Van Halen was playing all Simmons drums (except for the snare) on the 1984 album (included "Jump" & "Panama").........didn't say anything about cymbals, can't imagine they were Simmons. At least that's what Eddie said (though he's been known to lie during interviews, and who knows what the drugs & alcohol did to his memory).
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Mar 8, 2014,
Quote by aaron aardvark
awesomo,
You're nice to me on this forum, so I thought I'd review another tune of yours. I wish the audio quality was better, though this is not unusual for youtube. There is a phasey-ness to the audio that often happens with lower kb/sec mp3's. As you might know by now, I don't like screaming/growling death metal vocals, so for me these vocals are better than that, but I wish they were more melodic. Guitar riffs/playing is good. Nice lead guitar, the low distortion lead guitar was a surprise. Bass playing/riffs are fine. It's nice watching the drummer play on video, he's playing well. I just read recently that Alex Van Halen was playing all Simmons drums (except for the snare) on the 1984 album (included "Jump" & "Panama").........didn't say anything about cymbals, can't imagine they were Simmons. At least that's what Eddie said (though he's been known to lie during interviews, and who knows what the drugs & alcohol did to his memory).

Thanks man! Thats actually me on drums too, ive been playing drums for a few months now. And i read the same thing about alex van halen, I dont know if i believe it myself. The drums on 1984 were some of his best work, and they sounded great. My simmons kit is like the lowest end kit you can buy, but it works for what i do. Do i believe i could get an AVH style drum tone with it, i doubt it. The drummer in my band muscle of love has a higher end simmons kit, and it definitely sounds better than mine, but its still not that great.
Also, ive just recently begun doing vocals again myself, because im tired of relying on other people to do vocals on my stuff. Im hoping to learn how to sing properly eventually, maybe one day ill be able to do something more melodic. If I tried melody now........it would sound like not just ONE screeching cat, but multiple haha