So I've been playing guitar for some years now, and i mostly play hard rock and metal stuff, but I also like to play clean stuff. Right now i own a cheap Yamaha, and I'm willing to buy a new guitar soon. I dunno wether to get a B.C. Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe or a Dean Dimebag Razorback Skullz. If any of you guys have played those guitars just tell me about their sound, quality and playability. I play through a Roland Cube 40 XL.
Both are those are rather gimmicky with their shape. Playing clean is going to be a compromise when you're looking to buy one trick pony kind of guitars as well. I'd suggest you play them both yourself, as they're not all too different, based on their specs. I'm assuming you're looking for a floyd/both are korean made, and the pickups are going to be similar in sound and quality. If you're able to look past shape, I'd suggest something that doesn't require so many different pieces of wood to grab its shape.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Neither. The qc on both isn't that great and you can get a lot more for your $ especially with the LTD 1000 series guitars and get a much better guitar.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
I probably wouldn't get either. I might get the BC Rich if it was a Mockingbird or a Bich though. Even though I they're a bit of a boring choice, you'll probably happier with an LTD 1000 series imo. Even though I'm not a colossal fan of them. I'd rather get a Gibson V/Explorer.

Your amp isn't exactly great either, it would be wise to upgrade it soon.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 7, 2014,
I borrowed a BC Rich to start learning electric on, and I own a couple of Deans and I like them. Between those two choices, I'd go with the Dean.

However, I probably wouldn't buy either a Dean OR BC Rich in that price range right now, for the above stated reasons.

Fernandes, a maker that caters to guitarists in harder rock genres, is selling a limited number of their guitars in a deeply discounted clearance sale through this website:
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/

Also, this particular Reverend Bayonet is a steal of a deal, and is perfect for metal.

https://reverb.com/item/72575-reverend-bayonet-electrical-guitar
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Mikes123321
So I've been playing guitar for some years now, and i mostly play hard rock and metal stuff, but I also like to play clean stuff. Right now i own a cheap Yamaha, and I'm willing to buy a new guitar soon. I dunno wether to get a B.C. Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe or a Dean Dimebag Razorback Skullz. If any of you guys have played those guitars just tell me about their sound, quality and playability. I play through a Roland Cube 40 XL.

I can tell you first hand being an owner that the quality is superb on the Warlock NJ Deluxe and it comes with a Original Floyd made in Germany. You can check pics of it in my profile if you want. Couldn't be more happier with the purchase. I don't know the quality of the Dean though.

If you like a certain shape on a guitar you should get what you like. Life's too short to care what other people think about it because you will be the one owning it. Get what makes you happy.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Last edited by Blackfire. at Mar 8, 2014,
Both guitars are very decent axes. Neck thru BCRiches and set neck DEans are very good guitars. And where both brands start to get good.

The big difference between the two is the Dean is 24 3/4 scale and the BCR is 25.5

The BCR is going to be better for lower tunings and even though I hate EMGs the BCR has better pups for metal in this case.

The "dimebag" guitars are a little overpriced compaired to non Dime deanXL with the same stuff, but I do not think you can get a non Dime Razorback....so ya. In that case you are paying more just for Dimes name.

The Dean has a V neck also. So play them, whatever feels and sounds better to you will be the right one

Me personaly I would get the BCR for the 25.5 neckthru and the badass binding.
What the hell!!!
I do have a Dean Dime ML Shadow set neck(an older model discontinued) and can honestly say it is a kickass guitar as far as build and playability the stock pups are a little lacking IMO but they usually are.

And it was a craigslist score, almost mint $200 with OHSC!

Dude tried to remove the DIME on the headstock :/ otherwise its like new.
What the hell!!!
Last edited by danvwman at Mar 9, 2014,
Quote by danvwman
Both guitars are very decent axes. Neck thru BCRiches and set neck DEans are very good guitars. And where both brands start to get good.

The big difference between the two is the Dean is 24 3/4 scale and the BCR is 25.5

The BCR is going to be better for lower tunings and even though I hate EMGs the BCR has better pups for metal in this case.

The "dimebag" guitars are a little overpriced compaired to non Dime deanXL with the same stuff, but I do not think you can get a non Dime Razorback....so ya. In that case you are paying more just for Dimes name.

The Dean has a V neck also. So play them, whatever feels and sounds better to you will be the right one

Me personaly I would get the BCR for the 25.5 neckthru and the badass binding.

I've owned quite a few BC Rich's. I agree that the neck thru BC Rich's are nice, and that it's the point where they start being serious guitars.

If you don't mind ponying up a bit (about a grand), I've been very extremely happy with the Kerry King Signature Wartribe. It is a f*ckin' awesome guitar! Great for metal (duh!), but sounds nice clean too. There's a lot of wood there and all that means for tone, and a fairly wide neck, but it's very easy to play and you can really shred on the thing.

I've only played the Dime Razorback at Guitar Center, but I had a pretty good go on it. In my opinion, it's a little overpriced. Not that it is a bad guitar by any means, but I consider it more on the upper end of "ok", rather than the low end of "really nice". For that price, I really want "low end of really nice".
BC Rich if for no other reason than the better Floyd. BCR takes way to much crap for their 90s low end guitars. they have improved greatly and even many of their cheaper guitars on on par with other brands in those price range.
The bc rich. The build quality of the nj deluxe series is superb. I tried out 2 and they were both great quality. In person the inlays are to die for. GORGEOUS. The only reason I did not keep them is 1 for the warlock I felt it was too close shape wise to my other bc rich, and it had a minor paint chip near Floyd, and The V because it just wasn't the shape of V I was looking for. But tey were both phenomenal quality. Played great. It also has an OFR which the dean doesn't, an the rich is neck through while the dean is set. That will give the warlock an edge in sustain. And finally if your getting either of those axes, it's for metal, and for metal. The 25.5 in length will be much better for that on accord of down tuning capabilities. It's up to you, but the warlock is the better way to go IMO
-Main Gear-
ESP Ltd V-401 + D Activator N&B
De Armond/Guild 2000 M72 Bluesbird w/ USA Toastertops
Peavey JSX & XXL
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Vertical 2x12
Airis Effects Savage Drive