Hey guys, I was gonna put a new pair of 6L6's in my amp. I was looking for the best sounding tubes there are. Any suggestions?
^ that or RCA and they are not exactly cheap, but no where near as expensive as NOS Genelex KT66 or Mullard el34's

The genelex KT66 would be awesome, but they are hard to find and super expensive
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Best 6L6 money can buy? I have some sweet NOS RCA tubes I would be willing to part with for $40k each.

Or you could get a matched pair of JJs for about $50 and you will require extremely golden ears to hear the difference. Oh yes there is a difference so if money is no object, I'll send you my paypal acct #. :cool
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 7, 2014,
Isn't much of a difference in sound. But if you buy NOS, they usually last a hell of a lot longer than JJ or any other shitty tube made today. That's usually the main pitch of NOS tubes.

Pay $200 for a duet of NOS that will last you 15 years, or pay $50 for a duet that last you anywhere between 1-3 years.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
The best 6L6's I've used myself were British Brimars. But the real answer would have to be Telefunken.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification