well there are no tabs and i've been trying to play it by ear but i can't identify what chords tsuneo is playing nor do i know what key he is playing in so i'm at a loss here. Biggest thing stopping me is my skill level really i'm practicing but i'm not that good yet... so this is pretty much my long term goal. So i need help with the tabs for this song
Quote by solo123
nor do i know what key he is playing in

But it's so easy to figure out?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
how do i figure it out then i'd really like to know please and yes i'm going one step at a time this is a longterm goal XD i'm working towards it slowly
Quote by solo123
how do i figure it out then i'd really like to know please and yes i'm going one step at a time this is a longterm goal XD i'm working towards it slowly

The easiest way to figure out the key is to find out where it resolves. Usually the last chord played in the song is the tonic (you'll know when you hear it because it will sound finished (or resolved)). From there, the tonic will be very easy to figure out, since there are only 12 possible notes to choose from, so if you get the wrong note keep trying until you get the right one.

Once you have the key worked out (including whether it is a major or minor key, which should be fairly obvious), figure out the chord progression should be easy enough since there are certain chords that are typically used in a key.

In C major, scale degree (roman numerals, capital is major, lowercase is minor, ° is the symbol for a diminished chord), chord, and the appropriate 7th chord:

I = C or CM7
ii = Dm or Dm7
iii = Em or Em7
IV = F or FM7
V = G or G7
iv = Am or Am7
vii° = B° or B°7

Using that for the appropriate key, you can figure out the chords to most songs other than jazz and some folk styles that use modal harmonies or non-diatonic chords (such as bluegrass, blues, country, etc).

Also when you know your key, you know what scale the melody is based on, and so unless there are accidentals (again, modal harmony and also blues and jazz), you have already limited to 7 notes, and so it is easy to figure out since many notes in melodies are often chord tones.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
sorry about that, it was a number of things maybe if it's listed it's easier for people to know

1. i want help trying to play the song from the link i added, if someone could do that, it would help me greatly
2. I wanted people's opinions on creating a new genre, can i do that? is it possible for me to?
3. this came up because someone mentioned an easy way to figure out what key a song is in.

forgive my newbiness lol i'm still learning,
thank you all for helping out with the link, and the quick lesson i appreciate that ^^