Hey UG,

What are your thoughts and experiences with the Laney LC30 112 regarding sound, and more importantly build quality? (Because sound is subjective a lot of the time)

I'm looking to get a versatile, reliable, and not too expensive tube amp and I see a lot of these in the used market where I live.

I play in 3 bands and need a variety of sounds so my priority with and amp is for it to have a good clean channel so that i can get the majority of my various distortion tones with pedals.

I will play shows and do full band rehearsals with it.

Please share.
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
They're not bad little amps, not great, but not bad. Could do with a tube and speaker swap though. Build quality on most Laney stuff I've found is adequate, I won't say they're infallible but they're pretty sturdy.

But for our sake, fill this out so we can help you out more.

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"