Unlucky thread. Vote on a song, or suffer my curse #ReturnTheSlab (WEEK 13)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
0 0%
Song 2
1 7%
Song 3
4 27%
Song 4
1 7%
Song 5
3 20%
Song 6
4 27%
Song 7
2 13%
Voters: 15.
Hello Kitty

Week 13... That number has been associated with some dark stuff right?... Yeah, so this week I'll tell you a creepy pasta (a short one, from memory, so if it turns out sucky you can't blame me :O )

Here goes:

I reeeeeeeaaaaally hope someone with a clown phobia opened this and fliped shit everywhere. All the shits.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "MiniSaint (Rough Improvisation)" (SaintVitus/Minicaxotinho)

2 - "Spring" (Joshua1207)

3 - "Sherpa" (whywefight/FoOltz)

4 - "Baby, Don't Chain Up Your Pasture Door" (Duaneclapdrix)

5 - "Dan's Final" (chev311e)

6 - "Dangerous Choices" (sickman411)

7 - "Jacque's Peak" (Skinny91)

Now that the 2nd compilation album is out, this is the best time to implement a new change.
the classification of the songs has been a bit messy, so here's how it will work:

- Only 3 songs win. That means that if there are 2 songs tied for first place the 3rd song will be in 3rd place, as opposed to 2nd as it was before.
An exception would be if there were 2 songs tied in first place and 2 tied in 3rd, there would be 4 winners.
- If a song doesn't get any vote it doesn't get to be in the top 3.

To clarify things, only the runner up(s) (2nd place) song(s) gets featured on the album.

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to leave a comment.

Honorable mention:
This glorious song from whywefight:
"Intro (Better Than Never)"

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from Skinny91, "Heaven Is As Heaven Does"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday, at around 5AM GMT. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Amazing youtube game ftw!

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1635780

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winnera are whywefight and FoOltz with the song "Sherpa", and sickman411 withthe song "Dangerous Choices", both with 4 votes!
(They'll be mods on our group, until the next voting)

The runner up (and 3rd place this week because of the tie for 1st place), with 3 votes, "Dan's Final" by chev311e!

(Remember, there were changes. From now on only 3 songs get mentioned here: 1st place, runner up (almost always 2nd place) and 3rd place, but only the 1st place and runner up are featured in the album. Because there was a tie for 1st place this week, 3rd place is the runner up.)

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Mar 10, 2014,
Honorable mention to whywefight (and maybe FoOltz too, I can edit) for a song that could win a Grammy
I played that dark room game for way too long

Also that honorable mention is only whywefight not me
Wow, only one song that has any singing this week. And it's the song I went with.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Honorable mention to whywefight (and maybe FoOltz too, I can edit) for a song that could win a Grammy

If ....Like Clockwork can't, I'm not getting my hopes up :p
oh my god you guys why are you making this so hard
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by chev311e
Wow, only one song that has any singing this week. And it's the song I went with.

Mine doesn't have any singing because I was planning not to do anything but then I felt like doing something yesterday at half past midnight and I had no time for that. I try to sing when I can but I usually take a few hours to write lyrics, even when they turn out crappy, and I have to find a time slot during the week when no one's home because it would be awkward otherwise, so I have to plan ahead a bit.

Anyway, can't listen to the songs right now but I'll give them a listen later today.
Last edited by sickman411 at Mar 8, 2014,
I listened to them all a second time, and I still don't know who to vote for

duaneclapdrix defs has the best tags though

This was another great week. Lots of good songs.
I ended up voting for sickman's. I really like the descending bit.

Quote by the bartender
duaneclapdrix defs has the best tags though

Thank you.

As an artist I feel that "words" can be used to, as I call it, "communicate"with the "listener", or, as I call them, the "consumers". To quote one the greatest philosophers to ever grace the annuls of history, Calvin (from Calvin & Hobbes of course) "An artists' statement says more than his art ever does" to which Hobbes replied "you misspelled Weltanschauung"
Tags or, as I call them "Tags" are an invaluable means to transfer the "core" "meaning" of "my" "art" to the "consumer".
Shit I forgot to do one

I voted for sickman's, it was a very tough choice though, good job everyone
Quote by sickman411
Mine doesn't have any singing because I was planning not to do anything but then I felt like doing something yesterday at half past midnight and I had no time for that. I try to sing when I can but I usually take a few hours to write lyrics, even when they turn out crappy, and I have to find a time slot during the week when no one's home because it would be awkward otherwise, so I have to plan ahead a bit.

Anyway, can't listen to the songs right now but I'll give them a listen later today.

Yea that's the way I feel too. I had a song I wanted to do vocals for but couldn't find anytime to record it. But I liked the way the instrumental turned out.
I went with Sherpa, awesome track. Was close on Dan's Final/chev311e though.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Thanks Duaneclapdrix, Nico and some other person!

I voted for Skinny. Hard decision to make; could have easily gone for Duaneclapdrix or chev311e.
Oy, another threeway tie...

Quote by Skinny91
I went with Sherpa, awesome track. Was close on Dan's Final/chev311e though.

Quote by sickman411
could have easily gone for Duaneclapdrix or chev311e.

Then why didn't you!?!?!
after three listening sessions I finally decided to go with dangerous choices

now I hope it won't prove itself