This is the solo i recently transcribed:
http://picosong.com/eRhf/

according to my transcription the song is in Bmajor. And this is my initial attempt at it:
http://picosong.com/eRhu/

I really need advice as to whether my transcription is accurate and what chords would go well in the backing track because the one i created doesnt sound right to me :S i downloaded the drum track off the internet (85bpm).
So were you trying to play the same solo? It was rhythmically way off. You were rushing a lot. And I think you played the wrong notes too.

The chords in the background should be E-F#-G#m-F#-E-F#-G#m-G#m. I would say it's in the key of G#m, not in the key of B major. Yout backing track is only one chord, B major, which makes the solo sound wrong.

Focus on your timing. It is off. Listen to the backing track. Rhythm is also important, don't rush.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Thanks alot, i just started transcribing but i think it resolves to B so wouldnt the key be Bmaj?

Thanks a million for the advice on the chords!!! i wasnt able to hear them in the background :S ill work on it thanks again.

btw do the drums sound ok?
There are no B major chords (or actually two of the G#m chords are replaced by B major chords during the whole solo but that doesn't really change the sound) so it doesn't resolve to B. The solo sounds more minor than major to me. It's a basic bVII-bVI-i progression in G# minor. Drums were OK in your backing track.

Remember to pay attention to timing. Even though the solo is pretty fast at parts, remember not to rush. I would maybe start with a simpler solo that has an easier rhythm that will get you used to learning stuff by ear. When you started playing the guitar, you didn't choose the most advanced songs first. You learned the basics first. Do the same with learning stuff by ear - start with simpler stuff. I can hear that you don't really have the ear for rhythm yet and I'm not sure if you played the right notes (because the chords were wrong and it made the solo sound copletely different). That's why simple stuff first - you'll get used to hearing rhythms and chords and melodies.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
There are no B major chords (or actually two of the G#m chords are replaced by B major chords during the whole solo but that doesn't really change the sound) so it doesn't resolve to B. The solo sounds more minor than major to me. It's a basic bVII-bVI-i progression in G# minor. Drums were OK in your backing track.

Remember to pay attention to timing. Even though the solo is pretty fast at parts, remember not to rush. I would maybe start with a simpler solo that has an easier rhythm that will get you used to learning stuff by ear. When you started playing the guitar, you didn't choose the most advanced songs first. You learned the basics first. Do the same with learning stuff by ear - start with simpler stuff. I can hear that you don't really have the ear for rhythm yet and I'm not sure if you played the right notes (because the chords were wrong and it made the solo sound copletely different). That's why simple stuff first - you'll get used to hearing rhythms and chords and melodies.

Thanks alot man, ill work on it.