I just stumbled upon a Craigslist listing for a VOX ac30cc2x, the seller was asking $650. After getting a reply from the seller, they said it was no longer in working condition, and that "when it's turned on, it powers on but only the rectifier tube lights up, not the preamp tubes or power tubes." They're claiming that it may be a simple fix.

So my question would be, what do you think the issue could be, and could it be a simple (more importantly cheap) fix? If so, what do you think a fair offer would be.

Thanks for any help in advance!
I wrote a song about war...
The kind that lives in your head.
Best case scenario, a wire has come off on the heater circuit. Worst case scenario, the power transformer is dead.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I might offer 300 if I was feeling generous. You have no idea what's wrong with it
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I might offer 300 if I was feeling generous. You have no idea what's wrong with it

$300 has wiggle room for repairs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Just so you know. The rectifier heater uses a completely different heater winding on the power transformer (it's 5V, not 6.3V) so the fact that the rectifier lights up is not an indication of power transformer health. It is quite possible that the 6.3V winding is burnt out even though the rectifier still lights up. A replacement power transformer will set you back $120+ just for the part.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
$650? That guy high? You can buy a working one for less than that...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
They wanted $650 for it when it was in working condition, the as was over a month old. Glad I came here, as I have no idea when it comes to this kinda stuff. If there were any way to guarantee that the repair costs would be under $200, I'd probably offer the seller $300 for it (budget is 500-600). As it stands I'm wary of that. Thanks for the help, if any one else has any more input, I'd love to hear it.
I wrote a song about war...
The kind that lives in your head.