Okay, so my parents decided it would be best if I started on marching drums, but the only lessons near me are for skottish snare drums. So, I just went with it since my parents decided they would get me the supplies I need and I wont need to pay them for it.

Anyways, the first lesson was pretty much the guy just told me to sit there for 3 hours hitting the drum pad. Now I am clueless on what I am supposed to do because my parents want me to practice, but there is no way I am going to be able to sit there for the 30min+ a day just hitting the drum pad.

So I decided I would go look for sheet music and try to teach myself some stuff since the teachers aren't going to be any help with their competition coming up... and not so much to my surprise, there seems to be no videos or sheet music on how to actually play this type of drum.

Already feeling like I should give up and just go with my plan of seeing a vocal coach instead.... or buy that pearl drum set someone was selling and go teach myself to play real drums that I can actually find resources for instead of relying on some people who obviously aren't going to be of much help for a few weeks.

This really sucks because my parent's just spent $60 on equipment for me to learn drums, and I just have no idea what I am actually supposed to be doing since the teachers are just useless, and the only person I know who plays drums is on the other side of the country.

Any ideas?
I wish i had sat and learned on a practice pad before I bought a full set. But, like you, I was in a hurry to play and rushed into it. It took me years to re-learn my finger technique once I went back to an instructor. The skills you learn on the practice are absolutely essential to becoming a great drummer. Going out and trying to teach yourself is a sure fire way to fail.

My advice is to pick up a couple of books. One of the is "Stick Control" by George Stone. The other is "Stick Technique" by Bill Bachman. Both of these books will provide great foundations for any type of drumming, and are a great place to start. Another thing to look at is the rudiment studies on the Vic Firth website. It gives notation for the 25 most common rudiments and provides videos and exercises for you to use.

If you practice with just those resources for the next 3 months you will be ready to move on to the actual snare and eventually the drumset. I dont know how rural the area you live is, but I cant imagine there is nobody within driving distance that will help you learn to play the drums. You may assume that your current teacher is useless, but remember he is testing you as well. He is likely testing your desire to learn. Show him that you are willing and i am sure you will find him to be a great resource.
Sorry for the late reply, couldn't get the page to load for whatever reason. Anyways, decided to try and stick with it, but we rarely are able to make it down to the lessons all the time because of how late they are(we don't get home until 12am).

There really is no one that close to get lessons from, besides like having some of the drummers up here just help me correct my technique or whatever. Probably will buy the books after I buy some recording equipment I have needed for a while(ends up people don't like staring at a random picture while listening to music).