Im a relatively new guitar player and I havent delved too deeply into researching guitars, but I dont really know where to start.

What Im looking for is a guitar under 400$, preferably with a cutaway. I suppose acoustic-electric would be a bonus, but I dont mind either way. I just need help finding out some of the better brands or specific guitars.
Quote by Polaracoustic
...[ ]....What Im looking for is a guitar under 400$, preferably with a cutaway. I suppose acoustic-electric would be a bonus, but I dont mind either way. I just need help finding out some of the better brands or specific guitars.
At that price point, the cutaway & electronics are usually a package deal. There are exceptions, but much rarer.

The Yamaha FGX-700 @ about $300.00 comes to mind. It's AE, and personally, I wouldn't buy a plain acoustic. Electronics sound like they would defeat the purpose of an acoustic, but they don't, they make it more flexible. IMO, a chorus makes the sound much richer. I rarely play without a touch of the amp's reverb, and some chorus.

In any case, I'm not sure if there's much better than that Yamaha between it @300.00 and your budget limit @ $400.00.

Maybe someone else has some ideas, hold tight.
Quote by paul w1
If you can buy used you will get a lot more guitar for your money.
Buy a used what?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 9, 2014,