I'm not a big user of FB and really only use it to organise stuff with Uni friends and housemates but I went on this morning and it has had the most ugly redesign ever with a change of font, an increase in font size, graphics and icons changing, elements flipping from left to right for no real reason and them introducing extra colours into a blue-white layout so now it is mainly grey. Not to mention the amount of unused space on my browser

Why do Facebook always do this? Do they employ a bunch of colour blind people with no eye or anything? Or is it just ugly for me?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I haven't been hit with that update yet, but there are a lot of sites with that sort of weird design - I'm wondering if they're optimised for a different size monitor or something?
They probably do it to piss people off. The cool thing about it is that they can mess with you as much as they want while knowing that you'll continue to use Facebook no matter what they do to the layout.
*your ad here*
Quote by gabcd86
I haven't been hit with that update yet, but there are a lot of sites with that sort of weird design - I'm wondering if they're optimised for a different size monitor or something?

I'm on a 1300x720 size monitor and I don't run my Chrome in full screen mode so it's going to look even worse for people who keep their Browsers maximised (which is most people)

Quote by theogonia777
They probably do it to piss people off. The cool thing about it is that they can mess with you as much as they want while knowing that you'll continue to use Facebook no matter what they do to the layout.

With the prevalence of new social networks like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc. they should really be enhancing their product so people don't leave.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Mar 9, 2014,
doesn't look that bad or drastic compared to some other fb/twitter/youtube changes i've seen in the past and got over quickly.

i think it has a lot to do with trying to make the mobile apps and the real site closer and closer to being identical. if it pisses you off, nothing but stopping using it will do anything.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Mar 9, 2014,
If you don't like it just don't use it
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I've had it for a few days now. Already forgotten what the old layout was.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

its to feed more traffic on to the website when everyone inevitably kicks off about the changes.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by EndTheRapture51
With the prevalence of new social networks like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ etc. they should really be enhancing their product so people don't leave.

Yeah, okay.

Also Google+ is the only one of those that really does more or less the same thing as Facebook, and Facebook owns Instagram anyway.
*your ad here*
Quote by EndTheRapture51

twitter's not new whatsoever, and the rest are pretty not new either, vine would've been a better choice.

and even still, instagram and twitter are big proponents of this "less is more" design that you're pissy fb is moving towards. can't speak for linkedin, but i think it's a stupid one to put with the rest as it's for a completely different purpose. if you're really bummed out about this, then move to google+. sure your friends probably aren't posting on it, but whatever change you want has to start somehow. what you're doing now is pissing in the wind.

you're like the guy in every action movie that threatens someone with a gun but it too afraid to actually shoot them when it gets down to things. facebook doesn't give a shit about you saying you're gonna leave because both parties know in their heart of hearts that you're gonna still use facebook just as much as you did yesterday
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by slash_GNR666
If you don't like it just don't use it

BUT HOW WILL I KNOW ABOUT DAVID'S OUTFIT?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Every time you're gonna moan about the newest layout and every time you'll do nothing about it because let's face it, you're Facebook's bitch and there's currently nothing out there that can change that.

Now take it like the bitch that you really are.

Weird techno music suddenly crests the horizon.

They do it because they know that after 2 days people stop caring since it's all the same stupid shit, just presented slightly differently.
They can do whatever they want because they know that after 2 days people stop caring since it's all the same stupid shit, just presented slightly differently.
still hate Youtube's newest layout

it's just so bad
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
lol. facebook ****s up layouts? youtube has done this for years now.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Is it really that big a deal? All the same functions are there as normal.

It's not like the completely stupid alterations google has made to youtube. Having to use Google plus which is awful and no one uses. Also the stupid comment change layout and all the copyright algorithms that are flagging every video.

Now that was an awful re-design.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Every time you're gonna moan about the newest layout and every time you'll do nothing about it because let's face it, you're Facebook's bitch and there's currently nothing out there that can change that.

Now take it like the bitch that you really are.

Hot post.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by WCPhils
still hate Youtube's newest layout

it's just so bad

yeah youtubes layout change is really the only one i still dislike
Quote by Cb4rabid
do what I did and delete facebook.

i dont worry about a thing m8

That's golden advice.
Quote by Cb4rabid
do what I did and delete facebook.

i dont worry about a thing m8

This.
STಠ_ಠ
Also, I notice google maps has changed its layout and now it looks more ios-y.

but its good anyway
First, delete facebook.
Second, youtube did it a few times, but much more drastically. Still not used to it. Ok, design is one thing but complete layout? It is not about making things easier, I dont really understand what it is good for.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
1 Internet attracts haters
2 Haters generate ad revenue
3 Facebook is on the internet
4 What does everyone see more than A Justin Bieber vid...Layout change
5 ?????
6 Haters acquired..Profit

Even in the Op I get subliminally messaged with the"Arsenal vs Liverpool", "trending".

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 9, 2014,
Contrary to what the 'off-the-grid' hipsters want you to think, it's possible to use Facebook and not give a shit about the layout.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Dreadnought
Contrary to what the 'off-the-grid' hipsters want you to think, it's possible to use Facebook and not give a shit about the layout.

I'd pay to see the look on these kids faces when they grow up, get a job and realize that every interface for every workplace ever is done by blind people inspired by 90's web design.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Dreadnought

if horrible looking web design was really the issue, none of those hipsters would be here to post.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Because the designers need to keep a job, innovation occasionally happens and they need to test whether new ideas work.
Quote by Banjocal
Because the designers need to keep a job, innovation occasionally happens and they need to test whether new ideas work.

Their new ideas don't work, been trying to look in a few groups I'm in and everything is slow and sluggish. The coders clearly have not tested it properly.