Page 1 of 2
ProgFripp74
UG's Djent maestro
784 IQ
So basically I stumbled across a band that I used to listen to quite a lot around 5-6 years ago and wondered what ever happened to them since I stopped listening to them. I had never heard news on UG or other music sites about them in all that time. I wasn't a massive fan or anything but I just assumed that they had broken up or something along those lines, but they're still playing shows and releasing music.

Just interested if there are any bands that you used to listen to (or currently listen to) that have just sort of dropped of the radar but are still are playing and releasing music.

Here's the band I'm on about, anyone remember them?

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
progdude93
Banned
380 IQ
i've seen 36 crazy fists live. there's a reason they've faded into obscurity

(hint: it's because they suck)
ProgFripp74
UG's Djent maestro
784 IQ
Quote by progdude93
i've seen 36 crazy fists live. there's a reason they've faded into obscurity

(hint: it's because they suck)

Well having listened to their newer stuff then I would agree but I do still enjoy some of their older stuff like bloodwork, well now that I stumbled on it again

I'll leave it to you whether that's more nostalgia or good music.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Quote by captainsnazz
the concept of bands has faded into obscurity

hmu if u agre

huu
progdude93
Banned
380 IQ
^what's the term for a group of DJs who play simultaneously?

Quote by ProgFripp74
Well having listened to their newer stuff then I would agree but I do still enjoy some of their older stuff like bloodwork, well now that I stumbled on it again

I'll leave it to you whether that's more nostalgia or good music.

i think we both know it's nostalgia
ProgFripp74
UG's Djent maestro
784 IQ
Quote by progdude93
i think we both know it's nostalgia

Yeh....
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Crofty89

willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Quote by progdude93
^what's the term for a group of DJs who play simultaneously?

i'm not aware of a proper collective noun

just called going back to back init
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,926 IQ
Loads of mid and late-00s bands I used to like including Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Kids in Glass Houses, InMe etc etc. etc.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,471 IQ
Yeah I know 36CF. Slit Wrist Theory is a tune.

Their obscurity could be down to a couple of things:
- They are Alaskan.
- They have a Nu-Metal sound (which is not really popular right now)
- They no longer appeal much to the popular mainstream metal scene.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Loads of mid and late-00s bands I used to like including Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Kids in Glass Houses, InMe etc etc. etc.

BFMV, the most known still I'd say but their latest effort being generic and bland didn't help their future.

KIGH, I remember them getting some nice Kerrang airtime. If they bring out a new album and go to festivals they may or may not get another chance of some nice promotion. Maybe they're not fresh as labels would prefer.

INME. Oh man this band. Well, they still have a very nice cult following but always seemed to be denied by promoters. Dave McPherson does solo shows too and former guitarist Ben Konstantinovic does some nice solo lap guitar playing and was promoted twice by having TomSka a big Youtuber feature videos on his channel.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Last edited by Nero Galon at Mar 9, 2014,
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
Its A Shame That Such A Good Rock Band Like The One In Op Has Faded Away To Make Way For Auto Tune Garbage Music On The Radio Like Adel
..::fat
lard::..
progdude93
Banned
380 IQ
Quote by willT08
i'm not aware of a proper collective noun

just called going back to back init

nah, back to back is when one goes before the other. but if 3 are playing at the same time...

interestingly enough, the term venue refers to a group of vultures (in addition to the more popular meaning) so maybe when concert promoters are using the term venue, they're referring to DJs as well.
kcmoon5150
UG's Kris
2,726 IQ
I like Fuel
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
Quote by progdude93
nah, back to back is when one goes before the other. but if 3 are playing at the same time...

but who wants to listen to upwards of 6 tunes at once?
progdude93
Banned
380 IQ
Quote by willT08
but who wants to listen to upwards of 6 tunes at once?

anyone with a discerning ear
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
731 IQ
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Kids in Glass Houses, InMe etc etc. etc.

Saw InMe at the Cockpit in Leeds in 2004. That was pretty crazy for an 11 year old
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
Faded into Obscurity sounds like a shitty local metalcore band name.
666atheist666
Spoony_Bard
Perpetually irate.
332 IQ
Quote by ProgFripp74
So basically I stumbled across a band that I used to listen to quite a lot around 5-6 years ago and wondered what ever happened to them since I stopped listening to them. I had never heard news on UG or other music sites about them in all that time. I wasn't a massive fan or anything but I just assumed that they had broken up or something along those lines, but they're still playing shows and releasing music.

Just interested if there are any bands that you used to listen to (or currently listen to) that have just sort of dropped of the radar but are still are playing and releasing music.

Here's the band I'm on about, anyone remember them?

DUDE 36CF is still around. Their new(est) music is badass, too! I was listening to the record about a month ago.

They did lose their drummer though, sadly, who was one of the strongest parts of the band. As far as I know, they still play shows and stuff, though probably only around their area now, since they aren't putting out any new music (and probably won't, ever). There just isn't as much demand for their type of stuff now, which really sucks.

Quote by Nero Galon
- They are Alaskan.

Yeah, I agree with this. Though for a time, they were based out of Portland, OR. Not sure if that's still the case.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Mar 9, 2014,
Nero Galon
2,471 IQ
Quote by StewieSwan
Faded into Obscurity sounds like a shitty local metalcore band name.

A friend of mine has a band similar to that

Quote by metal4eva_22
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Well there was that one band everyone used to like....

Can't remember the name....
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd
2,195 IQ
i kinda wanna say Soundgarden, sadly. it depends on your definition of obscurity, really. They broke up for a bit, then got back together, released a rather boring album, and do shows, but really nobody hears much about them anymore other than repeats of stuff they wrote in the 90s. Superunknown will go down in history as one of the most complete grunge albums ever recorded, but we're speaking purely recently here, no?

It makes me sad, as Soundgarden is one of my top 3 favorite bands ever, and easily my favorite of the 90s by a long, long ways.

I attribute their fall to Chris Cornell losing interest in it and going a different direction with his solo stuff and audioslave.
It's okay, Lt. Shinysides. You don't have to eat it now, you're just sleeping, you can eat it later. You can eat it later Lt. Shinysides!
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Mar 10, 2014,
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $
400 IQ
Hoobastank

Oh, and I'm convinced Chronic Future just somehow ran off the edge of a cliff. Shame since they were amazing.
Last edited by chev311e at Mar 10, 2014,
arcanom
486 IQ
Quote by -Mantra-
I haven't heard of the offsprings quite a while.

Im amazed that they will be playing at fests this summer.

Also can include rasmus to list
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Quote by kcmoon5150
I like Fuel

DON'T FAAALL AWAY, AND LEAVE ME TO MYSELF!!!

OP. I used to kind of enjoy Adema a a teenager, but they disappeared.

Same goes for The Used (yeah I listened to them when I was young. F*ck you).
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Nero Galon
2,471 IQ
Quote by arcanom
Im amazed that they will be playing at fests this summer.

Also can include rasmus to list

Hellz yeah. Dead Letters was the first album I ever bought, still think its great for what it is.

I heard some of their later stuff and it was pretty poor though

Quote by metal4eva_22
arcanom
486 IQ
Quote by Nero Galon
Hellz yeah. Dead Letters was the first album I ever bought, still think its great for what it is.

I heard some of their later stuff and it was pretty poor though

Similar story here. Ive first heard them at T.v with in the shadows. Its was 2004 and I was 9. They were coming for local fest (rock n coke). Told my dad that I liked it. He took me to my first concert. I didnt understand much because I didnt know english very well but still I liked the music. Shame they didnt keep up with their work
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,247 IQ
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
alienholdsworth
Banned
437 IQ
Quote by chev311e
Hoobastank

Oh, and I'm convinced Chronic Future just somehow ran off the edge of a cliff. Shame since they were amazing.

used to like cf

my favourite rock metal band ever. actually no one hardly knows these guys but should have been well known. absolutely solid record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nYlz4oeIIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Last edited by alienholdsworth at Mar 10, 2014,
thebassmaster
Becoming Addicted Again
549 IQ
haha this could go on forever

adema
crazytown
hoobastank
afi
finch
taproot
panic cell
dry cell
the strokes ( ) i really hate the strokes
sum 41 i like sum 41
transplants
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,926 IQ
Quote by Nero Galon
Yeah I know 36CF. Slit Wrist Theory is a tune.

- They are Alaskan.

BFMV, the most known still I'd say but their latest effort being generic and bland didn't help their future.

KIGH, I remember them getting some nice Kerrang airtime. If they bring out a new album and go to festivals they may or may not get another chance of some nice promotion. Maybe they're not fresh as labels would prefer.

INME. Oh man this band. Well, they still have a very nice cult following but always seemed to be denied by promoters. Dave McPherson does solo shows too and former guitarist Ben Konstantinovic does some nice solo lap guitar playing and was promoted twice by having TomSka a big Youtuber feature videos on his channel.

BFMV simply released a series of sub-par albums in a row (3 I think) and I don't know anyone who actually likes them any more.

KIGH were on the verge of breaking mainstream with Dirt and had a lot of traction from Radio 1 and Kerrang. But their next 2 albums were flop, one being a poorly recorded, forgettable "concept album", and the latest one being some synth-pop-rock effort that I haven't even listened to. They're breaking up and doing a farewell tour in October now.

INME are still going strong crowdfunding new albums etc. but they literally get no support from the media so they're stuck playing small venues. Should probably have got a lot better, Daydream Anonymous had the potential to break into the mainstream rock scene.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Nero Galon
2,471 IQ
Quote by arcanom
Similar story here. Ive first heard them at T.v with in the shadows. Its was 2004 and I was 9. They were coming for local fest (rock n coke). Told my dad that I liked it. He took me to my first concert. I didnt understand much because I didnt know english very well but still I liked the music. Shame they didnt keep up with their work

Thats pretty awesome. I was about 9 too and my dad was a little concerned when he heard what I was listening to. To go to a gig at that age must have seemed crazy

Quote by EndTheRapture51
BFMV simply released a series of sub-par albums in a row (3 I think) and I don't know anyone who actually likes them any more.

KIGH were on the verge of breaking mainstream with Dirt and had a lot of traction from Radio 1 and Kerrang. But their next 2 albums were flop, one being a poorly recorded, forgettable "concept album", and the latest one being some synth-pop-rock effort that I haven't even listened to. They're breaking up and doing a farewell tour in October now.

INME are still going strong crowdfunding new albums etc. but they literally get no support from the media so they're stuck playing small venues. Should probably have got a lot better, Daydream Anonymous had the potential to break into the mainstream rock scene.

BFMV
- The Poison, much loved by most
- Scream, Aim, Fire!, solid album
- Fever, losing it
- Temper Temper, pfft nobody cares about BFMV after Fever and Temper Temper is the nail in the coffin.

KIGH
Yeah they were reaching some good heights. Never followed them much but I do like some of their songs. I remember checking out one of their later albums and it was pretty poor overall besides 1 or 2 singles.

INME
I do and still like InMe quite a lot. I found them during an effort of media attention, saw them on Scuzz with "Single of the Weak". Such a catchy song. But yeah I was surprised that when many years later I was looking into them and found their history. They didn't even turn up late to the scene, they had perfect timing but promotion really let them down it seemed.

Quote by metal4eva_22