Page 1 of 5
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
So this comes on tonight. Are you guys gunna watch it?

Maybe I'll update this post if the thread's is successful.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Definitely watching it.

I think it's pretty funny that I've been considering him the next Sagan-esque character, and then boom, he continues the brainchild of Sagan.

Great stuff.

Also a great topic to first start on with Giordano Bruno. I hope they mention how he had spikes impaled through his jaw and tongue and the Catholic church burned him at the stake. I'm sure they will, though.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 9, 2014,
Dwight.Schrute
Volunteer Sheriff Deputy
134 IQ
Tots.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
70 IQ
Definitely watching it. Since I don't have cable, this might turn into the first show I've watched on a weekly basis in a long time. At least I hope.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
chookiecookie
Just keep smiling
10 IQ
i'm really eager to watch it but can't because i only have netflix and hulu and stuff.

if they add it to hulu tho i'm totes watching it
ayy lmao
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
10 IQ
I have it recorded just in case, but I'll probably watch it when it first comes on, with my grandma; I want to blow her mind with some modern science.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
I'd really like to but I don't have a way to when it airs. Might wait for netflix or something
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
2,673 IQ
OH MAN I almost forgot this was a thing.

I thought I missed it. So stoked! Astronomy may just be surpassing music as my first love...
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
My dad's a huge fan of Cosmos/Sagan in general, so I'm probably gunna text him while it's on, cuz I'm a good son.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Quote by lolmnt
My dad's a huge fan of Cosmos/Sagan in general, so I'm probably gunna text him while it's on, cuz I'm a good son.

Yeah my dad just texted me about it haha, and how he remembers watching the original with Sagan when he first moved to Miami and worked for a broadcasting station.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover
61 IQ
Yeah, I have it set to record and I'll watch it tomorrow.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
iwannabesedated
Out There
80 IQ
So far it seems like they blew all the money on special effects and music and not on any actual content.

I mean, it's early but still.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Quote by iwannabesedated
So far it seems like they blew all the money on special effects and music and not on any actual content.

What? Has it already aired where you are?
WCPhils
UnBanned
10 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
What? Has it already aired where you are?

lol, west coast
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Quote by iwannabesedated

There's been like two commercial breaks.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
lol, west coast

Dang, I thought they'd air it simultaneously, not do the time zone thing. Ah well
Diamond Dave
110 IQ
Neil deGrasse Tyson is a bit loud and mouthy for me, but good on him for doing his bit to bring some science back to the masses.

I tend to prefer characters like Julius Sumner Miller, Carl Sagan and more recently Lawrence Krauss and Karl Kruszelnicki who is big here in Australia.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
481 IQ
My wife has since informed me that I'm a dummy for not knowing that the show would air at different times based on the timezone.

Guess I don't know how TV works
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
70 IQ
Wow that cosmic calendar thing was awesome. What a great way to put the timescale into perspective.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
WCPhils
UnBanned
10 IQ
ok, that was really cool

@aerorocker yea for real. It was pretty crazy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 9, 2014,
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
70 IQ
Interesting program. The calendar bit was the only truly interesting part to me, though.

Not to dog it or anything, though. I'm sure the following episodes will be more focused.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Quote by bradulator
I was interested in what book Sagan signed to him.

the bible probably
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

The4thHorsemen
?
342 IQ
I set it to record several days ago and just now dad checked to see if it was recording and it wasn't. Luckily I saw that it's coming on again at 11:00 on national geographic, so I set that that to record. Me and my dad will probably watch it in a few days.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
10 IQ
Woah that's cool. I'm a huge fan of space doc tv shows and Tyson's really good at them
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
E7#9
Registered missle cruiser
10 IQ
Fun show.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is da bomb.

Although I found it very strange that they showed a commercial for scientology during one of of the breaks. Or at least where I live anyhow.
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
2,673 IQ
Hail Sagan
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
836 IQ
I don't know how anyone watched this over the True Detective finale. Encore coming up on Natl Geo channel though. Bout to peep it. At once it was all darkness. If you ask me the light's winning.
#DTWD
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
10 IQ
I liked it. I didn't expect heavy content in the "intro" episode; so, for what it was, I enjoyed it.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
2,673 IQ
Quote by primusfan
I don't know how anyone watched this over the True Detective finale. Encore coming up on Natl Geo channel though. Bout to peep it. At once it was all darkness. If you ask me the light's winning.

Science > fiction, to me, anyway.

I'd rather watch TV and learn something than sit there and be mind-numbingly entertained, that's what I got the internet for!
Page 1 of 5