Page 1 of 2
I don't know how they did it, but it might have been better than the first.

Okay, it wasn't better, but it was still awesome.

The sex scene might have been the worst sex scene in any movie ever.

The fighting scenes were so awesome.

If you haven't seen it, go and ****ing see it.
From The Oregonian:

By: Stephen Whitty

Sing, Muse! Of the Woods of Holly, and the land of angels, and that storm-tossed, Campari-dark sea from which all the blessings of the gods flow, most beloved those that come with international rights and multi-platform merchandising opportunities.

For there was once a movie called "300," and it told a tale of ancient Sparta, when men were men, and boys were men, and everyone was manly together and so the sad women worshipped Bacchus, and book clubs, and went antiquing on the Isle of Lesbos.

But then came an invasion of mad Persians, who wielded fantastic weapons and great wonders, riding armies of elephants bearing stores of fine waxes and moisturizers, for their torsos were denuded and their faces were like unto a Bieber.

And they did battle, and the brave Spartans were slaughtered, but the storerooms of the Woods of Holly were filled with gold. And there was much rejoicing, even to the most junior assistant.

And Lo! Now comes upon us "300: Rise of an Empire," which is both a prequel and a sequel to the original tale, only with more bloodspilling and slow-motion, and even less wit or truth.

For this tale begins with the Battle of Marathon, in which Persia's King Darius is killed by an arrow from the bow of Themistokles, and while Herodotus would rend his garments to hear history so badly spelled and rewritten, what does he know from a great opener?

So swiftly, with the winged feet of Hermes, we return to Persia, where Darius' mourning son Xerxes is transformed by enchantment into some bejeweled creature who calls himself a god-king, but looks as if he did lose round one on RuPaul's reality show.
hey mang let's make a thread for each new rubbish film that comes out yeh

jk but seriously bruv
But the first one wouldn't exactly be difficult to improve upon lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
But the first one wouldn't exactly be difficult to improve upon lol

Burn the heretic
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by macashmack
…Are you guys insulting the greatest action movie to ever be made?

You're rather astute!
There was a sex scene?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by macashmack
…Are you guys insulting the greatest action movie to ever be made?

Olympus Has Fallen was way better than any 300 movie could ever be.
Quote by Zaphikh
You're rather astute!

I am, and I also have great taste in movies
Quote by Neo Evil11
There was a sex scene?

Yea, it was terrible
I don't get why the queen is fighting though. I mean is that even historically accurate?
Quote by WaterGod
I don't get why the queen is fighting though. I mean is that even historically accurate?

no
Quote by progdude93
Olympus Has Fallen was way better than any 300 movie could ever be.

This is the sad thing. Olympus Has Fallen wasn't even that good. At least it doesn't have gimmicky slow motion and 'WOW THIS FILM HAS SO MUCH BLOOD IT'S AWESOME'

Also this is relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVQY6Si8Kq8
Are people seriously comparing 300 to Olympus Has Fallen
^only insofar as one is better than the other

Quote by Baby Joel
This is the sad thing. Olympus Has Fallen wasn't even that good. At least it doesn't have gimmicky slow motion and 'WOW THIS FILM HAS SO MUCH BLOOD IT'S AWESOME'

it was mediocre as a movie, but i thought it was a great action movie
Quote by progdude93
^only insofar as one is better than the other

As if that is somehow still a valid comparison lol
what kind of person would go into one of those movies expecting impeccable historical accuracy? top lel
Quote by Dreadnought
As if that is somehow still a valid comparison lol

...why isn't it? yeah, one has guns 'n' stuff and the other is "historical," but they're both action movies. it's not exactly apples and oranges..
Quote by progdude93
...why isn't it? yeah, one has guns 'n' stuff and the other is "historical," but they're both action movies. it's not exactly apples and oranges..

"Action movies" is a broad topic. I wouldn't compare 300 to Olympus Has Fallen any sooner than I'd compare Jurassic Park to Die Hard Mortal Kombat.
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 10, 2014,
Quote by progdude93

Personally I like sword and close combat, hand to hand stuff etc. in action movies more than gun stuff.
Quote by macashmack
Yea, it was terrible

Was the penetration visible?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Was the penetration visible?

Sadly, no.
It was pretty much a fight scene, and you could tell it was thrown in just because they felt they needed a sex scene.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
what kind of person would go into one of those movies expecting impeccable historical accuracy? top lel

if it wasn't for that movie i probably wouldn't have passed ancient greek history in high school

Quote by MinterMan22
if it wasn't for that movie i probably wouldn't have passed ancient greek history in high school

At least it wasn't as bad as troy as far as accuracy goes. Not that Homer wrote it down perfectly, but they changed frikking everything.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dreadnought
"Action movies" is a broad topic. I wouldn't compare 300 to Olympus Has Fallen any sooner than I'd compare Jurassic Park to Die Hard Mortal Kombat.

Jurassic Park- science fiction
Mortal Kombat- action
300- action
OHF- action

and i can still say Jurassic Park was better than Mortal Kombat so i'm not sure why your point is relevant.

just because i can make better comparisons doesn't make that comparison invalid
Last edited by progdude93 at Mar 10, 2014,
You could definitely tell when the sex scene was coming up and indeed it felt like "Oh, well an hour into the movie has passed and there haven't been that many boobs yet, so here you go!"

But on the other hand, I actually thought it was a cool scene. It wasn't your regular sex scene, you could tell that it was more a struggle for dominance in a very aggressive, animal, sorta way than just sex with no underlying meaning to it. It was like the war they were fighting on an individual level. No armies, no weapons, just two leaders trying to overcome one another.
Quote by progdude93
Jurassic Park- science fiction
Mortal Kombat- action
300- action
OHF- action

and i can still say Jurassic Park was better than Mortal Kombat so i'm not sure why your point is relevant.

just because i can make better comparisons doesn't make that comparison invalid

No no, silly guy, the invalid part is any opinion that says 300 is equal to or lesser than Olympus Has Fallen. Duh.

ALSO, since you're playing the genre game:

Mortal Kombat - speculative fiction
300 - speculative historical fiction
Olympus Has Fallen - political thriller
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 10, 2014,
Quote by Dreadnought
No no, silly guy, the invalid part is any opinion that says 300 is equal to or lesser than Olympus Has Fallen. Duh.

why tho

Quote by Dreadnought
ALSO, since you're playing the genre game:

Mortal Kombat - speculative fiction
300 - speculative historical fiction
Olympus Has Fallen - political thriller

i mean, you can purposefully be stupid if you like, but i'm actually using legitimate genres that aptly describe them and that people actually use.

obviously you can always be more general or more specific if you like when it comes to genres, but some are legit and some are stupid and ridiculous (much like the subgenre music d-bags). Science fiction is a real, legitimate genre. "speculative fiction" is not. (partially because the fiction part more of less covers that, but whatever)

What's the focus of OHF? Oh yeah, action. What's the focus of Jurassic Park? Man-made dinosaurs (and hence science fiction). What's the focus of Mortal Kombat? martial arts.
Pretty awesome. the action was great, And seeing Eva Green's most likely prosthetic titties put it over the top for me.
KIFFLOM
I heard this wasn't good so I probably won't see it.

Also I'm not sure why its being mentioned but Olympus Has Falllen was a lit of fun.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by progdude93

i mean, you can purposefully be stupid if you like

Well that settles that!
Quote by Hydra150
I heard this wasn't good so I probably won't see it.

Also I'm not sure why its being mentioned but Olympus Has Falllen was a lit of fun.

probably because of Butler being in both? idk.

both films are great though. enjoy some over the top films every now and again.

only thing I care about: does it have a satisfactory amount of people getting smashed in?

was thinking of watching it tonight but cause it's 3d it's not included in half price mondays at my usual place.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I went to see it even though i disliked the first one. This was everything i hated about the original times a ten. Eva Greens boobies in 3D were amazing though.
I will say about the first film, the book is much better because it has none of the tacked on drama and just focuses on the battle.

Also decided to see it tonight. barely slept today so I can barely pay attention to plot, and I'm gonna get a beer and just zone out at some crazy violence.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Gantz92
I went to see it even though i disliked the first one. This was everything i hated about the original times a ten. Eva Greens boobies in 3D were amazing though.

You hate super awesome fight scenes?
Quote by theguitarist
probably because of Butler being in both? idk.

both films are great though. enjoy some over the top films every now and again.

oh
I mistook OFH for White House Down
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
another movie based on this historical event? >_> totally necessary. the first one is rather mediocre.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 2