You're probably thinking I've missed a 0 in the thread title, but I have not.

I need a practice bass amp that costs no more than £100, which will also be used for recording.

Since I play sludge/doom it doesn't really matter to me that cheap amps sound like complete balls. As long as you can vaguely recognise that the instrument is a bass, I am content.
I DO need cleans, though.

So: Practice bass amps under £100?
Thanks.
I have nothing important to say
Why do you need an amp for recording? A direct input from your effects chain, possibly with some VST amp modelling, will sound far better than a >£100 bass amp.

Another option would be to buy a second hand bass head and record the DI signal from that which would mean you could actually use it in future.
Quote by Spaz91
Why do you need an amp for recording? A direct input from your effects chain, possibly with some VST amp modelling, will sound far better than a >£100 bass amp.

Another option would be to buy a second hand bass head and record the DI signal from that which would mean you could actually use it in future.

This shit, right here. You can get a far superior audio interface for recording for £100 than a crappy little practice bass amp which will just sound like crap. Check this out:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf=usb_audio_interfaces&ls=100&oa=pra
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Find a used Bass Pod XT.

I bought mine for $80, used, here in the US. It's no longer made by Line 6, but here's the rundown: http://line6.com/legacy/basspodxt

Notice that the first item under "features" is "Discrete Processed & DI Outputs."

Beyond that are options for modeling a ton of bass amps and cabinets.
If you're a musician, you aren't really locking yourself into one genre of bass playing for life, are you? Not only will this little goody allow you to do what you need to accomplish now, but it will offer possibilities that will expand your bass playing. You can run a pedal/switching system through this; the FBV series of footboards works with it, and you only need to run an ethernet cable to the footboard. No extra guitar cables, no power warts for the footboard. Built in headphone jacks, standard 1/4" outputs, all that.
Useful advice, I'll record direct and save the amp for a day when I have cash
I have nothing important to say