Heyo! Wanted to show you guys my newest 7 string, I've recently started endorsing Carvin and this is the first instrument they sent me.

Without further ado, here's a couple vids & pics of the beauty, you can download Full-Res photos at: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5864881/Carvin%20CT74%20Blue%20Mist.zip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdDKxAPcJc

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202321714657200&l=3267893847878757426

I really wanted to go over the top with specs therefore I included quite a lot of option 50s here are the specs:

- 7 string/24 frets/25.5" scale
- Flamed Koa body (oiled)
- Plain maple top (blue mist finish/gloss coating)
- Walnut set-neck with flamed maple stripes
- Flamed maple fretboard
- Stainless Steel Med-Jumbo frets
- Abalone Diamond inlays
- Gold Hardware
- Original Floyd Rose bridge
- BKP ceramic Warpig bridge & Emerald neck (cream w/ golden poles)
- Vol/Tone/3-way switch

I specifically asked for a very figured koa body, but actually didn't expect such a crazy one. Flamed koa tops are rare, but this is really something else!
Apart from that, I asked them to paint the top with blue mist finish and gloss coating (more minimal/classy look) but actually to leave back and sides oiled for more natural resonance and contrast with the front.
Other option 50s are walnut neck with two flamed maple stripes and they also installed BKPs at the factory, which I think couple really well with the aesthetics I went with.

Nothing surprising regarding the build quality, this is the fourth Carvin I've owned and all of them have been not only immaculate, but with superior playability and resonance. I seriously cannot believe their price for the consistency they offer. Btw, here's a DC800 I also owned: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526427

This BKP combo might be very weird at first, but I actually wanted something completely different regarding bridge and neck tones. Bridge is massive and crushing, neck has a lot of Stratty singlecoil-ish qualities, absurd clarity and a pleasing brightness.

All in all a superb guitar that has become my main 7 string, can't wait to spec my next 8 string from them!
Very, very nice.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That blue is insane, i love it. Now i'll have to paint a guitar in that color someday.

HNGD! And congratulations on your endorsement deal.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Isn't your JP Music Man a Koa as well? You've got quite the Hawaiian Wood collection! Great color on that Carvin. The pickup color really sets it off with the gold.
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh my god.

HOLY F%^*^&*^*^&*. i mean, i think think ive ever seen a solid body carved top look better than a finished wood carved top until that. the lines are insane. gold in teh pups. color scheme . shit dude.

that makes me want to sell my carvin and start over.

seriously, this makes me want to start saving now and buy another one with a floyd and jumbo frets (wish i got jumbos).
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
AHHH direct mount pickups?! they do that on the carved tops? what the hell how did i miss that!?!!?!

damn you dude. damn you for having such a better carvin than me.

BOOO THIS MAN
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
That Carvin is unreal man. Holy moly HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ikey_
AHHH direct mount pickups?! they do that on the carved tops? what the hell how did i miss that!?!!?!

Correct, the CT model 7 string versions have direct mounted pickups
dude. i just saw your 8 string. you have great taste. i am speechless. amazing guitars.

ideally, i bought the perfect guitar for me. however, us guitarists tastes' change so frequently. present day (about 6 months later) i wish i did not have a TOM. perhaps something sexy like a schaller hannes, a khaler, or perhaps the tried and true floyd, jumob stainless instead of med-jumbo stainless.

direct mount pups.

wish i could slightly move the placement of the tone knob. love hate thing, but that is picky. thats borderline 100% custom guitar there. cant make a guitar brand change the total model of their guitar.

compensated nut

a different brand of locking tuners. i think the dunlop are pure crap. they work, but a C-CLIP to get on and off? you mean like take a wrench and skin your finger trying to pry a C- CLIP off? dude, its 2014. any company using C-clips as a main component on a premium product should be put out of business.

option for a low profile bolt on neck, like a suhr, or music man, or sone form or ibanez or someting. VERY low profile, 5 bolt, type configuration.

my taste may have evolved into a flat top with a figured or high quality top wood instead of carved (like your 8 string).

other than that i love my guitar. can you tell i am picky? i mean i am really splitting hairs. especially since i paid less than 2k for a highly figured wood USA guitar.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Wow, Francesco. That's gorgeous.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That color looks amazing ONI that guitar with the koa. Love the look, congrats on the NGD!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13