Hi guys!

Got myself a mid-90s ESP Horizon with a Floyd recently. Seller said Floyd was a replacement. Says Floyd Rose, Made In Germany and US Pat whatever on it. Block has "32" on it, saddles are numbered 1, 2 and blank. The trem is blocked, but I already have a TOM Horizon so I'm making this one floating.

Now I'm weirded out by this: the string lock screws are about 3/8" too long for the trem rout. They'll hit the body if I pull on the trem arm. Kind of defeats the purpose of routing in the first place so I can't imagine the original Floyd was like this. But AFAIK 90s Horizons had OFRs on them so it should be the same, right?

So what do I do? Shorter screws would be ideal, but where do I get ones that fit a FR? And in black, preferably!

Thanks for your time
Ok I looked around and realized Schaller Floyds are slightly different from Original Floyds when it comes to the string lock screw length. The one on the Horizon must've been a Schaller since it's routed so as to perfectly accomodate a Floyd with shorter screws. Well, Schaller string lock screws don't fit OFR (tried some at a store) so unless there's a trick someone wants to share, I'm heading over to a machine shop to get the existing screws shortened properly.
Quote by Ruoska
Ok I looked around and realized Schaller Floyds are slightly different from Original Floyds when it comes to the string lock screw length. The one on the Horizon must've been a Schaller since it's routed so as to perfectly accomodate a Floyd with shorter screws. Well, Schaller string lock screws don't fit OFR (tried some at a store) so unless there's a trick someone wants to share, I'm heading over to a machine shop to get the existing screws shortened properly.

Yeap, had the same problem on one of my guitars. I don't believe anyone makes shorter screws that would fit the OFR, so shortening them yourself is probably the only solution. Or you can always buy a Schaller Floyd
I think I've found a solution Black M4x35mm hex socket machine screws are very common and cheap, so all I need to do is get some of those and strip them of the first couple of millimeters of groove and it's a Floyd Rose screw

Too bad the Schaller screws don't fit, would've been such an easy solution :P