I have seen people do which amp threads about many amps but what I am wandering about is the VHT special 6 ultra.

Has anyone had experience with these amps?

Would you recommend them over the likes of a Marshall dsl5c or a blackstar ht-5?

I play a little bit of everything mostly classic rock stuff (acdc, def leopard, skynard, zz top) occasionally some sabbath. And blues from time to time.

Thank you guys for your help
None of the above. I'd take the VHT over the others but it's still not the right amp. Play our little game and we'll find you something better:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well my budget is no more then 500.

My genres are listed in original post,

definitely prefer new,

strictly home use,

eastern shore MD or Delaware( if using craigslist).

I would like cleans since its for home use I don't need cleans at a gigging volume but the cleans I prefer a actual "clean" sound not a somewhat dirty clean sound as I do like to play some country from time to time i do play newer country so actually a little dirt works for me but also some time like to play some real clean stuff with some reverb.

And I don't need super modern high gain amp either. Sabbath will be the heaviest thing I ever play.

As of now I have epi Les Paul and a fender american deluxe strat( mostly play the epi tho) and a zoom g3 pedal and my amp is a fender blues junior III.
I am not happy with it as the rare times I can fully crank it I can't hardly get the crunch I want on its own. And I think something wrong as even with the master on 1 and the gain on 1 it is VERY loud and just gets louder from there.
Blues Jr is a pretty sweet amp for most of the stuff you play. Have another more experienced guitarist run through it to see if you are just missing something in your setup. It will turn some nice clean tones and you just need pedals for heavier grit.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Tweaker.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cajundaddy
Blues Jr is a pretty sweet amp for most of the stuff you play. Have another more experienced guitarist run through it to see if you are just missing something in your setup. It will turn some nice clean tones and you just need pedals for heavier grit.

Its cleans are almost to clean and chimey for me. And takes way to much to finally start breaking up I like to use my pedal on a already driven amp not a clean sound its just flat out to loud for me and the kids
Quote by Diablo52
Its cleans are almost to clean and chimey for me. And takes way to much to finally start breaking up I like to use my pedal on a already driven amp not a clean sound its just flat out to loud for me and the kids

Tweaker or Fender Super Champ XD. I do appreciate my Fenders and have missed the Egnater bandwagon but some guys love em. Trust your ears.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cathbard
Tweaker.

I have looked at the tweaker I like how you can get pretty much any sound you want out of it and I like that it has 3 band eq but it doesn't have the mids I like.

If I could add some more parameters to what I'm looking for.

3 band eq ( no just a tone knob amps)

simple ( the tweaker is great but all the toggle switches I just see myself getting lost)

And as noted before I don't need a whole lot of headroom so if it breaks up early that's perfect
Just as long as before it breaks up the cleans are good, and its not a deal breaker but would prefer 2 channel
For what you need, forget about power amp distortion, it just aint gonna happen at the volumes you are talking about. Just shove a nice overdrive pedal in front of the Tweaker for your dirt and you're all set to go. Don't be intimidated by a few toggle switches.
The Tweaker 40 is the pick of the bunch though if you can find one in budget. It is a proper two channel amp so you could even do without the pedal. You'll never turn it up past 1 at home but it will still sound good. Dial up the gain on channel 2 and there's all the dirt you need.
Plus of course, if you ever want to jam with a drummer it will do the deed with aplomb. It may be a lot more amp than you are looking at but it will do everything you want and more. There's no need to settle for an inferior product, get a Tweaker 40. Awesome amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
My buddies have mentioned a amp company I have never heard of before so I dont know. But they said jet city is nice
For the money, Jet City is hard to beat. The Egnater is a higher quality amp but the JCA 2112 would suit you pretty well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
you aren't looking for JCA tone, thats more of a 'rock' to 'modern rock'. its not a bad amp, just not what you want. and i owned three 2112RC's all duds i got a refund plus a 30% coupon. i haven't heard that common, maybe isolated, but i had at least five different amps and there and they were all working. then i traded something for a JC50h and i thought it was just bland. boosted it with every OD, ran through 5 cabs. i just didn't like it.

i owned the original tweaker 15w and it wasn't bad, the more you play it the less the switches do as much as you perceive, i don't know its a mental thing but i just ended up selling it.

i owned a egnater renegade, pretty nice amp. nice surprise. don't look too far into tube dialing though, not a whole lot of difference in tone. but you could get a lot of nice tone. i know its over your budget.

ever played a classic 30? they are nice and <$300 will get you a nice one off of CL.

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Mar 11, 2014,
Well I will let you guys know what all I've been looking into.
The Marshall dsl5c, blackstar ht-5, vox ac4, vht special 6 ultra, and had looked at a bugera v5 but I don't like that its a completely open back cab. And the Laney cub12r
Carvin xv112 combo. Beautiful cleans and a very marshallesque overdrive channel. Would be used since they have been discontinued for 20 odd years but its about half of your budget.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent