Im looking for a traditional sounding strat, with a flatter fingerboard (not compound radius flat but flatter than a strat) with 24 frets. price 350 pounds max.

Any companies do something like this? i want it with an unchanged body and decent thickness neck. i dont like the sound of suhrs etc i want it as traditional sounding as possible
certainly no fender would meet your criteria. you might be able to find a used Charvel Model 1 (C I think. they had a 1 humbucker model and a 3 single coils). that only has 22 frets but has a 12" radius neck. can't think of even 1 strat style that has 24 frets. you may be able to get a HSS and change the pickguard and put a single in the bridge
You can look at a Music Man Silhouette, which has everything you want, except for the exact same shape and pickguard than a strat. They still look similar to me. New, they may be pricey, but you can search for a used one, or look at the Sterling brand of Music Man (about the same quality and sound as a Fender Made in Mexico compared to a Made in USA) I tried several ones in a local shop and they sound very similar to a strat.

I have an old sterling John Petrucci Signature model, and with upgraded pickup (original Petrucci DiMarzios), I can't see the difference with a MusicMan.

I also saw some local Blues/Rock player using Silhouettes (Sterling and MusicMan) and my friends that do not play music could not tell the difference, if you are bothered by judgmental looks...
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
Sounds to me like you really want an Ibanez with maybe different pickups.

In terms of an investment, getting it at once is nice, but it's really no big deal to swap the pups.
Well; you could get a Stratocaster (assuming that you do not already have one) and just swap out the neck for one that meets your specs. Warmoth makes them, and they are of very good quality:

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/GuitarNecks.aspx

Just pick the features that you want.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Well; you could get a Stratocaster (assuming that you do not already have one) and just swap out the neck for one that meets your specs. Warmoth makes them, and they are of very good quality:

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/GuitarNecks.aspx

Just pick the features that you want.

+1. Especially if you already have a Strat and just want a different neck.