https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CluHgrhftJU

There's my bands first single, and I'm just wondering what you guys think. Any critiques about the music would be greatly appreciated!
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Decent song for a 1996 preppy american high school movie about jocks witches and a heartfelt nobody.

vocals too weak for the pop punk guitar madness, melody dull but fun tune bro.
Last edited by alienholdsworth at Mar 11, 2014,
needs more mids/bass

Otherwise not bad, I probably wouldn't listen to it on a regular basis but I bet it'd be a fun live show
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
^
This about the bass/mids.

Love the college rock/pop punk kind of thing. good job. wrong forum though. prepare for loads of troll
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
terrible. uncreative, unpersonal
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Sounds like the guitarist wants to continue where Dimebag left off in the genocide of frequencies by going after the lows next.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Which section is the right one for posting things like this?
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by guitarist5477
Which section is the right one for posting things like this?

Recordings -> originals

also, crit other users first with a c4c request and with a link to your post. otherwise the people in there will ignore ur song.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Hmm... maybe take a look at all the subforums and try and take a guess.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Don't you guys have a musician from Italy? Or was going out with a girl from Italy? Or am I thinking of another band with your name?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
overheads are mixed too high, other drums (esp snare) are too low
actually the vocals aren't too bad but you could do with double tracking them
guitars are basically just noise but turn the OHs down and give the guitars some mids and you might be alright
the bass is pretty decent
why are you always posting exactly after will in every thread captainsnazz?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
why are you always posting exactly after will in every thread captainsnazz?

It's because they have this weird EDM gay bonding thing going on.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Oh my gerd, so cooooooooolll!!!!!!!!!!!! Im 15 year old gurl I lik ur band so every much. Cn I becom ur groupie their lik the bands best frend so can i?????? I relly wanna!!!!!!!!!!
The production is horrendous.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Yeah, the production is terrible, but the song itself isn't that bad. Definitely wouldn't object to hearing this on the radio if it were to be produced a little better.
I disliked the guitar tone, way too much high, mids and gain for my taste. The bass was off tempo in the beginning, also some parts of guitar throughout the song. I liked that the voice was accurate. Was the instrument track compressed heavily? It seemed to me like it was, and that took away some quality. At 4:28 it would be fine, if that part was longer and without the ultra gain palm muted fifth in the background.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
i like it. it's pretty good

but yeah, basically the only problem i have with it, is the mixing.

if the mixing was better, this song would be pretty damn good
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Wrong forum but gave it a listen to check the mix

The mix is awfull dude, listening on krk rokit 6.

Get a new mix. I didn't like the song either but that is because the style.
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
I hate to be a dick but the guitar tone made it impossible for me to get further than 20 seconds in.
sounds like it should be on a split 7" from 1997

not a fan of the nofx-ish overly metallic guitar thing going on, especially before the vocals kick in to take away from it, but you guys are so much better than nofx so it's okay i guess.. imo if that cleaned up a bit you'd have a total winner but other than that yeah thumbs up. your name is neat